A girl I know is missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turbocharger, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Yesterday and today this girl that my friends and I hang out with wasn't at school for some reason. We thought she was just absent. No big deal. Today I hear an ad for the news about a missing girl, I glanced up and thought this girl looked familiar, so I watch the news, and sure enough, Amanda has been missing since yesterday morning. I didn't know her that well, I only met her a few weeks/ month ago, but she was cool. She was into the same stuff my friends were into, we laughed at the same jokes, we hung out together, we all were cool with eachother. They say she was talking to a 19 year old boy online, but that she packed up her stuff for school like normal, and that she never came home. I really don't know what to say. My hands are shaking, my heart is pounding. I have no way of getting a hold of my friends until class tomorrow. She never talked about any 19 year old boys, just her boyfriend, but no age was mentioned. Her parents say she hasn't acted differently.

Here's a link: http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kwg_110707_news_missing_girl.1ebde8901.html

Christ this sucks when you REALLY want to do something, but you can't. I wish I could just leave class and go look for her, but I can't.

I'm helpless here guys.

2. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Man.. words cannot describe how i feel for you. This really sucks. It's painful to see a situation like this.. but it can be a million times worse when it hits home..

It's got to feel eerie.. to think you just saw this person.. and now they're missing..

I seriously.... really... really.. hope she's ok..

It's just scary to think that if she's been fine this whole time .. and there was no reason for her to run away.. ..that makes me think horrible things..

We're all here with you dude..

3. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Man, scary stuff indeed. Hope she's safe and comes back home alright!

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ill be prayin for her man, hope shes ok

5. Turbocharger

Another news site said this: BATTLE GROUND, Wash. - A 16-year-old girl who may have been communicating on the Internet with a man from the Midwest is now missing.

Great, expand the search area by a over a thousand miles. That really helps. :( 

6. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Yea.. i noticed how vague the information was..

I wonder if there's a reason for it... you'd think they'd want a lot of people searching for her.. maybe they're still trying to trace that guy

7. Turbocharger

I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight. Or concentrate during class for that matter. I just have all these thoughts racing through my head. "is she ok? where could she have gone? she's probably is just at a friend's house. who is the guy she's talking to?" You know? Everything is going through my mind at a million miles an hour, and it hurts. My head is starting to ache, my body is shaking, it's scary as hell.

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of her, would you? I don't recall any Amber Alerts being issued, but I didn't listen to the radio that day.

My building has a fairly transient population, I'll print out a copy of the story and post it.

--Moony

9. Turbocharger

To issue an AMBER Alert,

So they can't issue one.

There's a better report with pictures here http://www.kptv.com/news/14537380/detail.html

10. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is she from Oregon? What part...it's important for me to know >.<;

Edit: Okay nevermind...not Oregon, but Washington...god that scared me...there's someone very dear to my heart in Oregon and I would hate for something to happen to her. I hope they find your friend soon...

How well did you know this girl? Do you have any of her contact info...Facebook...Myspace...know her Craigslist name?

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
  12. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Man I tell you I have spent alot of time on cases like this and they are always hard for everyone involved. Alot of times its just kids that get into an argument with the parents and take off with a friend/boyfriend for a few days. I hope thats all it is in this situation. She will be in my prayers.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hope she is ok and someone finds her soon.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely keep us posted.

15. Turbocharger

Like I said, I didn't know her that well, but I did know her. And even something as small as sitting and talking with someone at lunch for a few weeks can make you care about what happens to that person.

Today in class it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. None of my teachers mentioned it, and only a handful of kids said anything. One small news crew, no police, it's kind of upsetting. I mean here we have a 16 year old kid missing and is currently God knows where, and Dog the Bounty Hunter is higher up on some of the news sites.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Many prayers for her safe return

17. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    sorry to hear that turbocharger, hopefully she is ok. i had a friend in highschool I was partying with one night, and the next night he was shot dead by fellow classmates that i knew for years. it really sucks when you dont know the last time you will see somebody. hopefully she is fine.

18. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Sorry about your friend buddy, i'll say a prayer for her safe return b.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm sorry to hear that and I hope they find her. From this story, she seems to have run off or disappeared with this internet boyfriend guy.

Someone I knew (Elizabeth Chau, we're really good friends with her sister) disappeared in 1999 and to date has not been found. It sucks because after police investigation it turns out that some foreign guy with a history of rape worked in a store that Elizabeth went into before she disappeared in Ealing.

But this only turned up very late, too late to actually do anything, and Elizabeth was one of a series of girls who have disappeared in the area.

20. Turbocharger

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news: Police now say that she wasn't abducted, but that she ran away with this guy.

Bad news: Still no idea where the hell they are.