A general post to the hardcore people in here - This needs to be said

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AdamWojcieszak, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamWojcieszak

AdamWojcieszak Well-Known Member

I might get banned, but this needs to be said:

Who the hell gave people behind a computer screen the right to type/treat people like dirt or be a sarcastic prick to someone because their post count is higher??

Just because I posted something and it was moved, you have the right to mock me, or any one for that matter, because they find something interesting?

Who the eff are you???

I've got a lot of big projects coming up - Licensed projects - and I want to post them here, but not if this is the majority of the members here on the board. I don't know because I am not here as often as these people with thousands of posts. I can't be.

Because I didn't know anything about the Transformers until 2002 I'm " a moron for thinking [that way]?"

Yea, I have to be honest, I have been getting a lot of nasty PMs and emails over the placement of a post. I'm not a huge message board guy to begin with - I have a life away from the board and a job that keeps me from learning the ins and outs of this - and other - boards.

So. my question is, and I hope the answer is no, but is this the majority of the members on this board? If it is, tell me and I'll walk just that easy. Out of the entire time I've been on here, I've found THREE people who've been nice to me...

And call that what you will. but we're a part of this board to share a common interest.. Not be mocked and disrespected because someones' post count is higher than mine...

2. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Make that 4. Enjoy your stay at the boards.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

[​IMG]

If you've got issues with people, it's probably better to take it up with them or the moderators than throwing a hissyfit in public. Hope you can get... whatever it is sorted.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

STFU, post mooar to get respect.

Kidding! Honest.

I'm not sure what was said to upset other board members and what might've upset you, but forgive and forget. This is a community of a bunch of TF nerds (admit it :D  ) to talk about TF stuff, it should be fun and light hearted. It's probably easier said than done for what I just said but don't let it get to ya. Cool?

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    To be fair, bragging about how you've got licensed projects on the go that you're not allowed to talk about, rather than talking about them and taking criticism and compliment, is not going to ingratiate you to others. If you can't talk about it because of NDAs or what have you, you probably shouldn't be talking about it in the first place until you can.

Furthermore, welcome to the internet. Callous as it sounds, people are assholes on the web, in fandoms infinitely moreso. By the same right you have to post something vague about upcoming projects without any details, they have the right to mock, deride, make light of, ridicule, demean, and otherwise negatively comment on your project or your conduct. They're not supposed to insult you directly, however, that's against the rules.

If you feel people are being too harsh or are flaming you, there's a handy little report feature next to every post. You might find it more effective than making a thread like this, though which is more cathartic for you, I can't say.

In short, who the hell are you that you are above having the piss taken out of you? If people are harassing you, alert the mods. Making a thread like this is not going to help the situation.

What's with the current trend of "people are mean" threads in TFGD, anyway?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Although I agree with you for the most part, Aernaroth has got it right. Making a thread like this isn't the right way to go about it.

Go to the mods or something man. There are dicks are on here, that's for sure, but that's the internet and this fandom. You gotta deal with it or dish it out yourself, Idk.

Either way, like Aernaroth said, go to the mods and do something about it.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you've having problems with harassment on the Boards, whether it be in a public forum or via Private messages, please report the post by using the Report Post function (it's the red and white triangle with the exclamation point) and staff will deal with the issue. Harassment and PMs in the nature that you're referring to will not be tolerated here on TFW2005.

To be honest, creating threads like this only opens yourself to more bad behavior and comments from the people you seem to be complaining about. Because of that, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread to prevent it from degrading into a spamfest.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.