A G1 Wreckers Giftset Pack, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jingjing, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Jingjing

Jingjing Well-Known Member

Would anyone here fancy a giftset pack of The Wreckers? The G1 Marvel UK characters. I know it's unrealistic since Bandai owns the molds for Whirl and Roadbuster. But wouldn't it be awesome? I started thinking on the bus home what kind of reissues I would buy if I had the option of choosing what figures Takara would produce. The list I came up with included Raiden, Liokaiser, Grandus, Black Zarak and so on.. Japanese exclusive stuff that are currently kinda expensive and most likely won't receive a reissue in the near future. Personally I don't collect the current reissues (with the exception of some e-hobby stuff like Crosscut that are also kinda expensive nowdays). But a Wreckers pack in a nice, broad giftset box I would more than gladly buy, with a reprint of the classic issue no 82; The introduction of the Wreckers and some other special features of course. Well, let me hear your views on the matter.

According to me the giftset ought to contain at least these figures;

-Whirl
    -Roadbuster
    -Topspin
    -Twin Twist
    -Springer
    -Sandstorm
    -Broadside

[​IMG]

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Id rather see a wreckers giftset with some wreckers who never got a toy before, even if they're just repaints.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    id buy it as long as the price wasn't crazy high

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rack 'n' Ruin ftw,

5. Jingjing

Yeah, I agree. At first I thought it was to far fetched. But well, e-hobby gave us an Orion Pax so.. I wouldn't mind Impactor and Rack 'n' Ruin or Emirate Xaaron.

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a pretty good Impactor could be had from the G2 Combat Hero Megs mold - the robot mode is a good approximation (in terms of chest area shape), and I don't recall ever seeing his alt mode, so that's pretty much a blank slate. A tank would be more than suitable.

7. Jingjing

You're right! G2 Hero Megs would fit more than fine. Isn't Emirate a tank? Think his alt mode was mentioned in some issue.. A remolded Perceptor would also look neat for a Impactor. He could be tank or a fishing trawler, with the harpoon and all. :)  Ha!

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    A G1-Reissue Wreckers Giftset? Not a chance of happening. But what does have a chance would be a Classics-themed Botcon Wreckers set. Hell, I've already got my wallet out just thinking about it... :) 

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'd love an Impactor, he's second on my list of never-got-a-toy-comic-characters behind Straxus.

G2 Hero Megs would be a good base, or howabout the 2-pack Classics Megs with the arms swapped.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i refuse to even acknowledge a fricken wrecker giftset unless it has impactor

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Top Spin and Twin Twist seem like they'd be fairly high on the list of G1 figures that don't need to be reissued ever. I mean, do we really need more copies of those two floating around?

Kidding aside, it's an interesting idea but a giftset like that would probably be insanely expensive, even if the Jumpstarters were excluded. Also, it would undoubtedly annoy people who only want a couple of those figures and don't want to buy the whole giftset. I'd rather see Takara do a Wreckers-themed year of Encore reissues, re-releasing Springer, Broadside and Sandstorm each separately. To fit the 'theme' of the first appearance of the Wreckers, that year could also see the reissue of Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge on the Decepticon side.

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Botcon. I don't care if they are G1. Just the theme will do for me

13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Interesting notion. I would definetly love a classics/universe styled Wreckers set. But, only if it included Impactor, Rack n Ruin, Twin Twist & Topspin. That would be badass for sure.