A G1 scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by spica, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Calling the Elite for help is probably part of the protocol, don't try to be a hero etc.

Just bad luck the Decepticon crew wasn't just a Decepticon crew.

It was MEGATRON'S crew.

And, really, their lack of GUUUUUNSSS wasn't a problem considering Prime owned Megatron all by himself with hooks and his axe.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Trying to be a "hero" implies cruising the galaxy LOOKING for Decepticons to kill. If you where being mugged and you shot the criminal you wouldn't be a hero. If you heard some one calling for help because they're being mugged and then shot the criminal then you'd be a hero.

As for the Megatron scene of course Optimus is going to win no matter what otherwise there wouldn't be much of a show now would there?

Beating the crap out of each other with their hands and giant axes seems rather primitive for the supposed super advanced species transformers are suppose to be.

3. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    None of your points change the fact calling the Elite is probably part of the protocol, nor that the autobots need guns at all looking at how skilled they are.

While you might be right about the advanced thing, looking at how most of the time somebody shoots one of the bots either dodges or uses some kind of shield/force-field, the melee weapons could be alot more effective in hand to hand.

That and, let's be honest, many of their personal weapons instead of guns just add to the character's charm, Bulkhead wouldn't be the same if he just shot somebody instead of using his wrecking-ball and Grimlock wouldn't be the dumb-as-bricks brutal dino if he used a laser rifle instead of swinging his sword like a mad man.

4. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we are losing the point

But about...Autobots playing basketball!

5. samtheman

I never said calling the elite guard wasn't part of protocol I said you can't rely on them to come so you need some kind of protection. Yes the Autobots held off the Decepticon attack with their Gigantic axes and ninja stars but IT IS A TV SHOW THE GOOD GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.

I could see bulkhead being the same if he had cannons instead or wrecking balls however, you are right about Grimlock, since he is a Dinobot, hand to hand combat fits him a lot better.

If there wasn't so many objections about guns and lasers and what not they would be able to do it a lot better, rather than having one bot shooting another and always miss, forcefield, ect. There are ways to make gun battles interesting while still being suitable for children to watch.

6. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    See? They'll win anyway, no need for guns other than the fact YOU want 'em to have guns.

Bulkhead may be a bad example considering he IS a demolition bot after all, but what about Prowl (he wouldn't be the same ninja if he just shot people), or Prime (he's basically a robotic fireman).

My point is, the personal NOT GUNS fit the character's personality alot more than a G1-ish generic gun, and considering our main cast is made of repair bots we're alot less likely to see a gun fight.

HOWEVER as I said, considering next season we already have confirmation of war-scenes at Cybertron and that Hot Shot's weapon is a shoulder cannon, we could see gun fights, just not the repair crew going all "Know what? Screw this axe, I'll use a gun because the internet wants me to."

7. samtheman

You totally lost the point. Good guys will win NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY SUCK. Prowls character makes no sense. He is a ninja robot that turns into a police motorcycle. I'm not even going to go into how much a ninja robot doesn't make any sense and then he turns into a police motorcycle which makes even less sense. If they wanted a ninja bot so bad he should have just been a regular ninja bike or they should have just left prowl as a police officer and gave him a gun.

If prime is pretty much a fire fighter it would make more sense for him to have some sort of fire hose that turns into a gun or something of that nature. I haven't seen the "repair crew" repair anything since about the first episode maybe? And above that, They've been fighting Decepticons and other forces of evil generally every episode. If I were them I would put the Rocket Propelled Fireman's Axe in storage and take out the ol' laser rifle and kick ass and then when they need to repair a space bridge or something then they can have all the repair accessories they need.

There is a time and place for everything and trying to fight Decepticons with the contents of your tool box is neither.

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Is it just me or you love to skip parts for the sake of your argument?

It doesn't matter if you think Prowl being a ninja makes no sense, it doesn't matter if you think every robot needs a gun because you'd like to see robots with guns and it doesn't matter if you'd use a rifle (btw Prime got no rifle at all), I'm saying that the characters and their personalities are already defined, and a weapon that fits their personality is alot more fitting for the full-of-character series that is TFA than generic-guns just because IF THEY'RE ALIENS THEY NEED GUNS.

Oh yeah, by the way, the whole GOING TO FIGHT DECEPTS WITH GUNS thing, so far they never really went to the fight, they were just doing something when the Cons attacked out of nowhere, they only actualy attacked 'em two times.

When Prowl went for Lockdown/Starscream and when they tried to attack Megatron's cave, both times they already had weapons and a plan (Prowl's ultra powerful armor/EMP and the help of Blurr/Omega Supreme, a robot so fast he defeated two DECEPTICONS WITH GUNS in seconds and a living gigantic weaponry).

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Expecting realistic things to happen in cartoons is not logical. Exaggeration of life is the way it's always been done.

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed.

11. samtheman

I never said the characters weren't already defined. I'm simply saying the definition of the characters could have been handled better. What does prime "ain't got no rifle" have to do with anything? I merely stated a generic weapon that I think a bot should have. I never said every character should have a generic gun. The style of gun could fit the characters personality a lot better then a Giant Axe or a Giant Sword such as Animated Megs'. In Fact part of Megs' generalization is his arm cannon or w/e you want to call it. I never said "since they're aliens they need GUNZ". I DID however say since they're so advanced it makes more sense for them to have guns.

I never said "GOING TO FIGHT DECEPTS WITH GUNS". I said when the Decepticons attack it would make sense for them to have better weapons than an ax, some wrecking balls, a couple ninja stars, and a stinger that shoots electricity. I mean we all saw how strong Starscream was with the alspark fragment. I think its going to take a little more kick then a giant ax to get rid of him.

Anyways I hope I didn't skip anything and I hope you take my points correctly rather than blowing them waaaaaaay out of proportion.

12. spica

spica Ronnie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys, I think were are losing the point
    I post about a G1 scene that you wanted to be repeated in Animated, no about why they dont use guns, why Prowl is a ninja, etc.
    Please, get to main question

13. samtheman

Well you see I said G1 shouldn't be repeated in animated at all, that it should be more original, and they should use more guns instead of giant ax's and other ridiculous things. Shroob disagreed and here we are.

14. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Still, she's right, we should stop, our argument is hardly related to the G1 scene thing at all, it's more about weapon-choices.

Oh by the way, I still don't agree with the whole WE NEED GUNS thing but it seems you won't accept it no matter what and I won't accept your views, so yeah, let's just stop.

15. samtheman

Agreed.

16. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Grimlock saying Me no bozo me king.

And optimus palying basket ball.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:thumbs2: 

I'm already beginning to imagine Animated Starscream saying "I'm stupid, I'm stupid!"