A G1 scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by spica, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, with the villains we got, one-hit would be a death, just look at Starscream!
    And I doubt they have allspark fragments for all of the Autobots.

Considering we're getting alot of non-toy character next season I hope we get to see deaths, hell, even a heavy-damage would do it for me.

2. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

How can one be dissapointed by the cartoon syndrome, if one is watching a cartoon, where cartoony things happen? :p 

3. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    That's because some secretly wish that Animated would turn into mature-fest.

That's more nuts than Lugnut!

4. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Well I think I should have said, 80's cartoon syndrome, where Rambo can spray thousands of bullets with a machine gun and hit everything but the people.

I was hoping for some KO and some serious injury, not just Bumblebee squinting one eye in pain and with some scratches drawn on his foot.

I don't think I need to list out the cartoons that target the same demography but do not dumb down the story.

5. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I know what you mean, hell, Mixmaster did more damage with his cement blast to the Clones than Megatron with his fusion cannon (that never hits anyone but Starscream).

I guess the stronger the weapon, weaker the aim.

6. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I know what you mean, hell, Mixmaster did more damage with his cement blast to the Clones than Megatron with his fusion cannon (that never hits anyone but Starscream).

I guess the stronger the weapon, weaker the aim.

7. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Let me yet again reference another cartoon from the past, G1. First off before I say what I'm about to say I do not wish every Transformers cartoon series to model G1 as said in previous posts. G1 had it's time and it was great but originality is what I'd like to see in future transformers series.

OK now for the reference. The Scene after Unicron eats a planet in the 80's movie. The part where Megatron raids the Autobot ship and owns everyone on board.

To avoid confusion here is a video clip of it.

YouTube - Transformers: The Movie Part 2

Pure awesomeness starting at about the 2 minute mark.

I also don't support turning animated, or any other transformers series into "mature fest"
    It is possible to make a show appeal to all audiences.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Well there's two big problems.

First, both CN and Hasbro hate the idea of Unicron in TFA.

Second, Megatron already attacked a ship all by himself in a pretty iconic scene in TFA's first episode.

9. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I don't think he meant to say he wants Unicron, just referencing the manner of Unicron's attack.

10. samtheman

No, I'm talking about the scene AFTER Unicrons attack when Megatron attacks the Autobots ship and kills all the Autobots on board. No were did I say I want Unicron in Animated.

Oh and I don't believe there was any gunfire in the Megatron scene you referenced. Even if they're only maintenance bots in animated, shouldn't they have some kind of weapons on board and on the ship to protect against enemies encountered in space?

11. Particle_Beam

They have a big space cannon (Omega Supreme-head) on board (which wouldn't have helped against the fricking big nemesis-a-like space ship they encountered). Of course, it was deactivated to conserve energon, which shows that the Autobots haven't waged war against the Decepticons for so long time, they thought they could afford to be a little bit economic. After all, if something happened, you'd just call in the Elite Guard and flee. If anything happened at all. It is 4 million stellar cycles, since the Decepticons ever showed up.

12. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    No they shouldn't, never saw plumbers carry guns with 'em in case Lawyertron attacks their van, really, no one in the galaxy would attack some repair ship, it was just luck they found the allspark and just bad luck Megatron found it too.

Anyway about the ship scene, I was saying that it would be pointless to remake a MEGATRON IN THE SHIP G1 scene when the TFA series already got their very own iconic "Megatron in the ship" fight.

13. samtheman

I'm just saying if they're going to be flying around the galaxy they need some kind of protection. The elite guard was no help, they basically told the "plumbers" to handle it on their own.

I never said animated needed a scene with Megatron killing everybody on a ship I was just referencing how awesome it was when he went on the ship and killed everyone with GUNS.

14. Particle_Beam

No, just to do nothing against the humoungus superwarship, except escape, till the glory hogs (Elite Guard) will come to rescue them.

I rather wonder why the Elite Guard forces didn't immeadiately arrive at the Space Bridge where Megatron hunted down Optimus' crew and ship, or more sensible, why didn't Optimus just escape through the bridge?

Then again, the bridge did explode after everybody went through, which could explain why they didn't try to escape through that, tough the might have been triggered by the Allspark, so who knows. :p 

15. samtheman

Yeah the elite guard can't be relied on for protection. You just proved my point. Have a cookie.

16. Particle_Beam

Sure they can be relied, at least, that's what everybody thought back then. ;) 
    Else, nobody would have called them, or wanting them at their side.
    It just turns out that we, the viewer, find out that they're not all really that great, compared to Optimus and his gang. :D 
    I'll take the cookie anyway. :D 

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I want to see Megatron say to Starscream "You're either lying or stupid" to which Starscream replies, "I'm stupid, I'm stupid!"

18. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I could see that quote being worked into animated very easily.

19. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

i'm waiting for a city of steel type episode that has one of the decepticons (probably swindle or megatron himself) using a machine and sari's key *in a key to vector sigma homage* to try and reformat detroit into a cybertronian city (but unlike the G1 episode the animated decepticons finish the job but are finally beaten back leaving the city to be fix by the humans and autobots).

20. samtheman

Basically everyone on the ship was an elite guard washout or had some experience with the EG. They knew they couldn't rely on them.