A fist full of Energon - Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jun 21, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I am a few episodes off track and last week I watched A fist full of energon. I wasnt terribly impressed with my initial contact with prowl in stores and have passed him many times but after seeing this episode I decided to get this figure today. I really like the figure and think the star weapon kicks ass (gear action) and hes just an all around cool figure but I have one concern. We know Hasbro likes money. We know Hasbro repaints everything to make money. Will they release Prowl with his mods and add ons that we saw in A fist full of energon? I think the add ons would be cool to have on the figure and after buying this figure I fear I might have to take it back since I am aware that isnt below Hasbro toys. What are your thoughts? Have you had this concern?

Apologies if this thread already exists. I searched but didnt see anything.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    At Botcon Hasbro said that they would be releasing Prowl again with his armor instead of the traffic light. Personally, I still might get the first release of Prowl instead. I'm not sure how well his armor will translate into toy form.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have Prowl and want the second release with armour still. My logic is that I can display him with Lockdown with the Armour on, and have regular Prowl with his real buddies.

4. iheartarcee

I agree. I was trying to see exactly where the mods were on his bot mode and was watching on an ipod so I never really got a close look. It would be interesting to see him with that rather than the stop light.

5. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Prowl is definitely cool, I'm more worried that he gets real loose because he's so thin at the waist.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We'll get Prowl with his armor, and another figure from that episode- Lockdown upgraded with his chainsaw.

I'm curious about whether the armor will be a straight add-on or if they will have to retool the figure at all to make it fit.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that they might have to retool him a bit to get certain parts to fit onto him in bot-mode. As for the Lockdown repaint/retool, I'll most likely just get the first release, as the thought of that mold with flames doesn't sound good to me for some reason. The only two things that would make the repaint/retool any better is the chainsaw weapon, and fixed hands if they decide to do that. But even then, the hands can easily be fixed on the first release, and the chainsaw weapon isn't all that important, imo.

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If they do fix the hands, it would be nice. I'm not sure they'd go through with it.

Now, if they gave us the poncho I might actually want to buy the Lockdown repaint.

9. iheartarcee

I havent bought lockdown yet but if they gave him a poncho/cape id be allll over it

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, Hasbro said they might try and fix the hands so they fold out straight. It was said along with the flames and Chainsaw comments.

11. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I personally am going to have the first releases displayed with their factions.
    The I'll display the second releases on my desk somewhere.