a few thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Blitz., Jun 29, 2010.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this post is just a few thoughts I've had over the past few days about the game as I've been with out the net and I've got a few little comments.

All in all I love the game it does 99% of everything right but I've got a few issues... well issues is too strong a word niggling nit picks is maybe closer. I wont go into the host issues as that's something that we all know about.

Actually I will start with the positives...

looking at all the concept art and looking at the DS, Wii PS3 360 line up we have all the Stunticons :)  I like this... a lot

their is clearly a lot of love that went into this and it shows.... Kablaam :) 

ok now for this few things I'm not too crazy about

Arcee's butt crack... I'm not getting my fan rage on I'm just a little disappointed it does not need to be their and it just kinda seems off from a design POV. She has very robotic looking arms but I very human butt? seems jarring. Also she's very tall for her class.

lack of range for some classes. only 1 autobot soldier and 1 Decepticon leader? I'm guessing DLC but its a little odd to ship a game with only 1 option for some classes.

an option to display character name rather then game tag. I just think it would be cooler to show my characters name rather then my GT tag I mean I dont mind fighting the evil lord cuddleballz34 but I'd much rather fight guys named Cliff Jumper

colour choices... a bit limited for cons. I can see the logic of limiting the pallet for the team based games but maybe widen the range?

I also have a few thoughts things about customising but that's a long post on its own but to summarise I'd like to see tf2 style extra parts that would keep the current body shapes but allow for some personal touches

2. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    You'll never see user created names outside of Gamertags or PSN Ids. It would be impossible to keep the profanity and other unwanted slang out of them.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well unless they added an in game filter using the same filter as the PSN and XBL. Halo does it with its squad names and code numbers

I'm not saying its a must but I think it can help with emerging the player in the game.

4. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

cuddleballz34 ...LOL

it seems that overall true TF fans are basically happy with the PS3 and 360 versions.

it seems most of us have the same gripes but all in all a good game that we can only HOPE gets improved upon and hopefully sees a nice sequel.

I'm a broken record here but I can't emphasize my desire to have the other exclusives made available via DLC, more Maps for variety and I can accept the color palette not improving if only for most maps being dark or sparsely lit; BUT I'd definitely like to see more skins.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for keeping pre-order content just that but I can see why some people want it.

And I'd agree this game is just want the fans wanted and its just about perfect

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Arcee is one of my gripes, her design looks way out of place when compared to the others. Plus I refuse to use her chassis in MP because she's far too tall for a Scout. The first time I got sniped in the head while standing behind a crate that I've hid behind a thousand times, that was it. I'll never use her again for anything but Escalation.

But she does look too round and curvy, or at least her bottom half. Slipstream looks right though. Sleek and feminine yet robotic, Arcee looks like a metal manikin and her transformation looks very artificial.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah her alt mode and transformation are just not believable and that's kinda sad as the others you could at least believe could kinda work

8. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Plus I can't find a color scheme for her that doesn't look retarded.

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Check under the couch, sometimes they fall between the cushions.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good points made. I'm just sad that there's no offline co-op on one console or through Lan. I understand that these days not many games have offline multiplayer of any sort but not everybody can afford two xboxes and 2 live gold memberships to go through a campaign with your flatmate.