A few questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I couldn't find a repair section/thread on the forum, does one exist? If so can I get a link to it?

1: How does one tighten non-ball joints? Such as pin joints and the peg joints that hold the energon combiners together?

2: Does anyone know if the Classics/Energon constructicons can hold the guns of their G1 counterparts?

3: Does anyone know any sites that sale stands that I can use for the classics Seekers and does anyone know a site that still has the Unicron stand in stock?

2. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    You could always try the Radicon (kitbash) section, plenty of useful tips there.

To answer your questions:

1. Good one, I've been troubled by the energon combiner pegs too..
    2. The G1's guns are much smaller pegged, will try at home later.
    3. I reckon Gundam stands are pretty good for those, unicron.com used to carry them Uni stands (not that great imho).

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they can hold the guns. It'd be nice for each individual Constructicon to have a gun.

Still hoping someone knows how to tighten non ball joints and the energon combiner pegs.

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    anyone else?

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    For stands, check these out

http://www.hlj.com/product/LFTFD002

Found the link on hlj but the company that makes them is american and you can get them for cheaper if you're in the US. There's 3 types as far as I know, 2 inches, 4 inches and the 6 inches rods, all of which are interchangeable.

6. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your ability to tighten pin joints depends greatly on your ability to safely remove and replace the pins.

After removing the pin take a small needle and spread some superglue around in the hole, and let it dry. This will create a tighter seal on the pin. Also apply some superglue to the outsides of the center portion of the joint, and let it dry. This will create a tighter seal on the two pieces of plastic joined together by the pin.

Be careful removing pins, some pins are designed to only go in and out on one side. So if the pin seems stuck do not force it, and try going the other way.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There's no way the Energon Constructicons could hold the G1 Contructicons' guns. The Energon counterparts have the semi-standard fist peg most modern TFs have, while the G1 Constructions have tiny fist pegs.

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I kind of thought so.

does anyone know any guns that they can hold? I'm kitbashing their Dev mode with G1 Dev hands and a Dev head and a G1 Dev gun. I'd like to have each individual bot have his own gun for display purposes. So if anyone has any ideas I'm listening.