A Few Questions for the Ladies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus1986, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I was thinking of asking these in another thread, but it's been taken too far off topic as it is. I have a few questions as a guy. Finally decided to just point blank ask because guys think differently from girls, fact of life. And we just don't know. Think of this as a survey.

1.How long after the first date is the right time to call? This is a problem which has plagued us for years. On one hand, we don't want to seem over eager. On the other hand, we don't want to seem like we're blowing you off. When is the ideal time? Is there an ideal time?

2.When is the first kiss ideally placed? That first kiss is very important, probably the most important. Too early it's just awkward, too late it's frustrating.

3.Do you prefer expensive and formal on the first date or more reserved? Wining and dining or more casual atmosphere?

4.Do you prefer to rule the conversation? Sometimes women seem bored during casual conversation.

5.Do nice guys really finish last? Would you rather date the bad boy than the nice guy? Women want to date Batman because he's got the cool car and he's the rebel, but they want to marry Superman because he's honest, stable and they feel safe with him. Is that true?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The answers to those questions will almost certainly vary from woman to woman. I predict that the OP will leave this thread as confused as he was initially.

3. Optimus1986

Ah, but that's the point. It's a survey.

4. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

While I can understand the need some guys have for a simple answer to questions like these, the answer is that there just is NO simple answer.

Man up and just do what every other guy who is successful with women has done. Learn from experience. Get over your fear of being rejected and trivial questions like the ones you just asked will fade into the realm of "who gives a flying fuck".

9 times out of 10 guys fuck up just by overthinking a situation too damn much. It's like I said in another thread, confidence is a big attractor to girls. They can tell when you're scared or overly nervous. And that creates the awkward moments that lead to fucking it all up.

Don't be afraid to get rejected. It happens to the best of guys. Even the most suave of men are that way because they understand the rules of chemistry.

You want real results go put these questions on a clipboard and go to the mall and ask random girls these questions. That takes some balls, will give you better results and possibly even a number if you're witty enough.

Dude, this place does not have the proper volume of females to get a survey worthy of providing you any information that will be of any real use.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm not a chick (obviously), but I am a bit of a male-whore, so I'll help answer some questions for you.

This whole idea of "when do I call" has changed with the advent of text messaging. The last few dates I went on, the girl was texting me within 30 minutes of departing.

However, if you do meet an old fashioned gal, I like to use the line "Hey, I'll call you sometime soon if it's cool?" or something along those lines - puts you in the control seat and puts her in the "waiting on that call" stage.

Usually at least 24 hours. Which usually translates in to "two days later", as your "date" is usually at night.

I never kiss on the first date unless they put the first move out there. If you don't kiss on the first date, it shows the girl that you were interested in spending time with her, getting to know her, and not getting to know her vag. Of course, if you're a bumbling shy idiot, she'll probably just think you're not interested. The important thing to do is judge the physical body language ... arms crossed or head down = bad. Hands at the side and lots of looking at each other = good.

I always hug on the first date though, and if it went really well, a kiss on the cheek.

Depends on the chick. Too fancy, she thinks you're flaunting cash. Too cheap, she thinks you're a cheapass. Usually I do first dates with an activity and not a dinner. I don't want to watch a chick eat, and I'm sure most girls don't want to be watched while they eat.

Your goal as a guy is to listen and react. Get her to open up a bit and respond to her statements. Don't be like "Yeah that's great, so, did you like Transformers? Wait till you see my bedroom, I love action figures". Don't talk about yourself too much, and if you do, do it in light, like making fun of yourself or just laughing in general. Smile a lot and act like you're really interested in what she's saying - even better if you mean it.

A friend once told me, and it's true - every girl loves the Knight in Shining Armor, but they always end up with the Prince. If your goal is to get pussy, then yes, be a badass, be hardcore, live dangerously, and be an asshole. If your goal is to get in a healthy relationship that lasts a long while, find a nice girl with similar interests and spend your time getting to know each other. Don't be clingy, don't be over-bearing, don't be smothering. Be yourself and let someone in - don't cover your chick with your body and make her feel like she's suffocating because you want to remind her for the 300th time today that you like her.

Kapeesh? Kapeesh.

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    ^^^^ A lot of truth here dude.

7. Optimus1986

Thanks guys. Just trying to answer the question that has dogged us for years: what do women want?

I have a feeling Sledge will run this thing into the ground before dawn.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

From my experience the answer seems to be "sex with me within 8 or fewer hours of meeting me".

That's the time frame. If it doesn't happen within that time frame, it ain't gonna happen at all.

Why yes, yes I do move quickly and have a knack for picking girls that do, too. On the plus side, I did end up dating most of the ones that applied to for at least some time afterwards, so I can't be accused of being insincere.

Think of it as my way of saying "I genuinely like you.", with my penis.

- Coeloptera
    (Beating Sledge to the punch.)

9. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

^^^ THIS ^^^
    The Dude speaks the truth. The Dude is wise. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: 

10. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's sadder,posting this on a Transformer message board,or using Batman and Superman as your examples.

11. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i want to know when the best time to ask about hot lunches is.

12. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

QFT...each person will have a different taste. It's not really a cut and dry answer. As was said, you just have to take a chance, and with time, it'll be good. 4 years for me with my beautiful wife :thumbs2: 

13. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just going to reiterate what others have said. Confidence really is a must. But don't act overconfident, then the girl is going to think you're just a player trying to get another notch on your belt. Don't be afraid of rejection. I know it sucks, but it's character building. How do you get good at anything else? Practice. The more you ask girls out, the better and more comfortable you get at it.

14. Spoon

Spoon Banned

It also helps when you're good looking.

Just sayin'.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, I don't even think women know what they want, so this is kind of the last place you'll find any real, universally accepted answer to solve your problems. Just be confident, be yourself and try not to be too big of a dick or too big of a pussy. Just gotta go with the flow and take what life gives ya.

Also, Sledge seems to be banned for whatever reason, so I think this topic is safe from his wrath.

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Everybody whows the answer to all those is 42.

Except Batman

17. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

damn. i already know this stuff.

and it bloody works!

the fault is mine that i choose wrong type of women...

oh god... ive become my father... but taller..

18. Optimus1986

I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, but I wasn't asking for advice. I was just curious as to what some other women would say to the most basic questions. Like some of you have said, the answer varies. Last year I tutored a bunch of girls at once in college so I had plenty of opportunity to ask them these same questions. And I was in a relationship with the same wonderful woman for four years, so I'm not asking for dating tips, but just wanting to compare the answers I got here to my existing observations. I'm not pitifully desperate guys, just insatiably curious.

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I think the point is there's no one consensus on any of this. Its very fluid and it contours to the woman that you're currently with, or trying to get with.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nope, it's even more complicated than that. Ask a woman a question like one of these, then ask her the same question two weeks later, the answer's likely to be different, if not the complete opposite.

I just say whatever the hell I want. The chicks that's the wrong answer for are balanced out by the ones who want to hear what I just said. Plus, most of them are REALLY listening for the confidence anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.