Minor/Repaint: A few Prime repaints

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by returnofplex, Mar 11, 2008.

1. returnofplex

returnofplex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's a few minor repaints I did for my Prime collection. The classics Prime got a new head courtesy of a ko prime(never really liked the classic sculpt,too evil looking), and some white paint on the arms and thighs. I also removed the door kibble, and attached them to the bumper. The Laser Prime was a ko I bought to experiment with and ended up putting on new antennas made of styrene, and going white where the traditional details were grey or silver. The window borders were a bee-yotch, because of bad recasting on the KO. By no means are either masterpieces or my best work, but I do think that they are interesting.

Attached Files:

2. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I like the look of the classic Op. Can you show a pic of the "door kibble" mod?

3. returnofplex

returnofplex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't have any on my computer right now, but essentially what it boils down to is just shaving off all of the connectors and pegs from the inside of the door, then carefully gluing the bottom of the doors to the bumper. Essentially the doors just become a shell attached to the bumper. I've seen a mod somewhere that had a guide rod for the doors that connected them to the grill, but my simple hollow out and glue mod worked just fine for me.