A feeling not felt since I was a kid! (TFCC Magazine!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Oct 7, 2011.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I received my first TFCC magazine in the mail yesterday. I received a feeling not felt since I was a kid getting a Wizard / Toyfare magazine from the local comic shop. Really cool for such a small magazine and seeing the pics of the TFCC exclusives for next year in full color in a magazine is better then looking at pics online. I am really excited for next year and cannot wait to receive my next magazine in the mail. It really is well put together!

Really a great deal when you throw the figure into the equation. If you are not a member you should join now!

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Cool to see someone else appreciate having a printed Transformers item!

I'm reminded of the catalogs that came with G1 toys and get a bit of appreciation of the TFCC magazines from that altered bit of nostalgia.

It seems most people think it should just be emailed as a .pdf, I understand some points they have about that, but to me that just makes it any other fan website. I like having a good old fashion physical paper copy of something with photos, info, comics, etc. all actually printed.

3. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Funny you mention that. I go to Unicron.com all the time to check out the scans of figures from back in the day on the advertisements. One of my favorite things about the Reveal The Shield figures is the little booklet with all the figures advertised on it.

Really made me want the Voyagers more when I could not find them in stores!

4. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I usually throw mine out. An interactive ipad app would be better than a newsletter.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Yep. I love getting an actuall physical thing I can look at. Although I haven't received the last few magazines in the mail :( 

6. trionsupreme

trionsupreme Well-Known Member

just received my tfcc magazine, too! it's so cool. can't wait to renew my membership!

7. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I think there was thread this week somewhere that had scans of a 1980s Christmas catalog... that brought back memories.

It is nice when there's at least something of a catalog, like the RTS one, with figures. I was just looking through old packaging/paperwork, and I think I need to flatten out the 4 Cybertron catalogs and actually put them up on a wall since they sorta join.

8. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the opposite. I think the newsletter sucks ass. A web page or tablet app would be way cooler.

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I think it's pitifully short and lacking in real information. Most of it's just "HOORAY! TRANSFORMERS!"

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I like the comic if nothing else, but they could also be doing more with it. IDW puts out 23-page comics twice a month, the club puts out a 6 page story once every 2 months

11. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I just skip the comics. I typically don't know what's going on and 6 pages isn't enough to draw me in.

12. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering the membership price and the "free" figure, I think its a great deal and a 6 page comic is really underappreciated IMHO and I am not even a big fan of the comic. I don't understand why people complain about it.

If I were you, I wouldn't throw them out. At least put them in the Junkion exchange for $3-$5 a piece. There are some fans out there that want them. The club charges $5/piece for back issues so I bet if people sold them for less than that, they would get bought. Heck, if you throw them out, send them to other fans for the cost of shipping.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i need to go check my mail and see if my new one is here... i like the mag, but usually don't read many of the articles, but i'd like to change that and now i have far more free time. i want to read the back issues as well, because i'm behind on a lot of them...

14. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Damn straight! I want my comics in printed form dammit, not on a computor screen.

15. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i just wish there was actually interesting information. maybe an expose' on how transformers are made, an interview with toy designers, etc.

as for the comic, im in the middle of reading V for Vendetta, so a more casual pace is nice once in a while.

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I think a combination of both. I love to look through a good mag. I'd also like the possibility of a app or something.

17. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They did do that in a recent issue. They interviewed the person that designed RTS Wreckgar. In that interview it was revealed about three heads total having been designed. That was proof right there that a stateside release of a Junkion was coming before it was officially announced.

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    You should try being a member outside the US/Canada then.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I agree and have been saying the same for years. The breadth of the magazine is barely a "magazine". I still feel like it's more of a newsletter than anything.

I get a free LEGO magazine just as frequently, and it's twice as big. :( 

20. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Yeah there's plenty of people who'd buy the stuff 2nd hand because they missed something or they had the club loose something in the mail or them they didn't want to resubscribe after a bad experience with the club but are still interested in it.

I agree an iPad /Kindle fire type ap is a better way to go since you'd not be annoying the hell out of everyone outside the USA so much then.

But then i'm afraid i'm very much in the take the International license away from them camp they have proved repeatedly to not even be up to decent service for the USA let alone any poor sap outside America.

Do they even have a joint deal on joining the Gi Joe & Transformer clubs yet - for example where you get a discount as they only give you one Master collector (does anyone even need wanted ads these day when you can get your sale completed on here in a day or two)?

And if you really wanted to be spiteful about them there's a list as long as this page of their misdeads you could site. But After I subscibed for 2 years and managed get a whole two deliveries from them I just can't be bothered with them anymore, it's to emotionally draining.

So yes there's always someone who'd going to be happy to take such things off your hands so no don't toss them - heck never toss anything people will buy spare parts, old Comics, junkers, duplicate weapons, 80's toy paperwork, empty boxes (especially Japanese ones) all sorts.