Customs: a failed experiment of kitbashing

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jnmx2000, Dec 12, 2006.

1. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

so, i tried to kitbash classics optimus and i compelety ruined the toy, to the point where i couldn't reattach his left forearm and hand, so n realising this, i improvised, and i give you armageddon prime, a failed experiment at kitbashing, now that i've ruined this toy i don't have a problem going further with him, now that i've done this, i plan on doing other modifactions to him, i'd like to repaint him as red and black and some how permanently attach his weapons to his arms or as his arms. i've got more pics but they won't upload so i just have these three for right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The arm can always be reattached . . . someway! :thumb 

3. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

lol funny, now that i've been thinking about it, i think i'm going to do a repaint as either a nemesis prime or as the fallen, considering the mods on him won't let him transform so a repaint of the fallen would be appriate.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Unless you are dead set on having Prime never being able to transform again, I think he can be fixed. Honestly, I got into customizing and kitbashing by repairing my old G1 bots!

. . . and this is not to say that you shouldn't still make a custom out of this Prime!

:thumb 

5. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

well, i dunno, he is still kind of transformable, he just have a different arm lol but i'm not to concerned with making him transform, i'm going to pick up another classics prime today cuz i already did a number on this one, so this one is for experimention now lol i think i'm going to make this one with a base color of black and do a second color of red over the smaller parts that stick out or something like that.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Superquad7 is saying you can fix his original arm. I tend to agree. Really though, it depends on how bad you damaged it. Any chance you'll give us more info/pics on the damage done?

7. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Reminds me of Ash.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My God.

9. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

ashimus prime ok corny joke but yea it does remind me of ash form evil dead

10. Sideways

Sideways Banned

SEE THIS? THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!

( i had to do it.)

11. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

i like the ash homege u got going on

12. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

those were my thoughts when i damaged the arm lol i was like, hey, i'll just do what ash did lol well, the whole damaged arm thing, i wrapped the part of the arm that was attached to the side of the truck mode in a paper towel cuz i thought it would protect it, then i placed it in a clamp to secure it so i could get out the pin, well, i didn't realize how weak the plastic really was, and when i unravelled the paper towel, the screw holes the screws screw into have been compelety distroyed, their bent and twisted, i want to try and savalge a little bit of the arm, cut off half of it, then cut the gun in half and attach the gun to the cut off arm, and then attach the arm to the elbow joint, so i have a poseable gun arm, and i want to repaint this figure as well, but i'm not to worried about how much damaged is done to this, i've already picked up another classics optimus which i haven't opened yet. but there's just one problem, i can't find any of the fusion paint thats talked about to repaint the toy, i've found certain colors, but i can't find red and black.

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I could totally repair that arm based on what you said was wrong with it.

Kitbash it anyway, sounds like fun.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    If the desire is for the arm to be reattached, there's always a way to do it. :thumb 

I think what would really be cool would be to make a totally different character out of this, but still retain the ability for transformation. :D 

15. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i've salvaged the arm then i cut it in half and i cut the gun in half, then i took the part of the gun that hangs underneath of it, and glued each part to the side of the gun and then glued the gun to the arm which was already attached to the elbow joint, so now i have a poseable gun arm for optimus. i've got the paint i want but i don't want to mess this up so whats better, to use a paint thinner and then spray paint, or should i prime then spray paint? and i'm also working on a way to kitbash the other gun into part of his other arm like the other arm he has. onces hes compelet i'll post a new thread with a new name for him.

just opened my new classics prime and i've found out with the gun arm mod i won't be able to transform him, the arms tuck around to the back of the cab mode, i'm going to see if theres some way to alter the figure more to allow for a transformation into something like an assault vehicale.

16. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I would've transformed him with just half an arm first, then glued the gun on the arm in a way that it would still retain it usefullness as a smokestack. Then transformed him back into a robot, and had the gun on the side of his arm or something.