A&E's Intervention;Anyone watch this show?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Does anyone else on this board watch this show? I've been watching it on and off for a few months. And I'm AMAZED at how intense this show is. The good thing about this show is that it's REAL.

I will be honest though, some of these stories almost make me cry you know. Like this one story, IIRC her name was Kristy. She chose jail time over getting help for her drug addiction. When I saw that my heart broke, :( 

This show is the ONE reality TV show that I think is a great show. It can help bring comfort to those who have friends/family members who follow the same modus operandi as some of the addictees. And shows that you're not alone

So what are your thoughts on the show (providing you watch it)

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Is addictee a word? Huh, I guess it is.

I've seen it, but it's too damn depressing to watch.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've got enough problems as it is. I'd rather watch someone win a contest on a stupid island than learn about someone else's depressing problems to go with my own.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I have watched it and it makes me happy to see that people are getting the help that they need, but it also makes me somewhat angry.

A lot of these people come from normal families and were never raised to be like this. I was able to grow up not doing drugs and never being addicted to anything (possibly toys though). Why should I feel bad for these people?

The people are usually grateful, but for the people who say no, I'm like WTF...just take the dam help...

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i watch it every sunday. love it. makes me feel a little more normal lol

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man that show depresses the hell out of me. Mostly becasue I can't stand seeing people suffer. It usually has a good ending though and that song they always play at the end really grabs you.
    It's a great show, I just don't like the first half where it shows them in an alley somewhere shooting up. Makes me want to yell at them through the tv.

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I saw the one with Travis Meeks, the lead singer from Days of the New.

Great band, great music, and he threw it all away. Shame. The other members are in Tantric now.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

You folks need to watch TV to see social degenerates in action? I just have to go to work or walk down my local town center.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eerily close to what I was thinking.. I see enough addicts (usually meth) on a day to day basis that I don't need to spend my free time watching them on TV.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nope.. never seen it. Seen ads for it before. Me I prefer Airline.. Now that is fun.. Love seeing people bitch over the tiniest thing. Some guy had a suitcase get a tiny gouge/rip in it.. Nothing horrible. He was irate and wanted massive compensation for it when airlines don't compensate for something small like that. Ahh fun.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I see it from time to time. A very disturbing show I tell ya'.
    What people are doing to themselves.... Oh boy....
    o_O 

12. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

I love this show, very good at showing what drug/substance/and other bad habits do to you and your family. Remember it doesn't just affect one person, if affects everyone around them.

13. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I watch it. The show's a good learning experience. Plus I can kind of relate with some of the people that are shown on there, having done battle with many personal demons in my past. I also like the show because it's actually real. If someone says they can't or won't watch it because it either depresses or disturbs them, then the show is doing it's job. Waking people up to reality.