A disturbing image from the Showest trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by killerjak7, Apr 22, 2009.

1. killerjak7

killerjak7 Active Member

what the hell is this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Burn_Out

Burn_Out Active Member

mouth rape of some sort???

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Scalpel "The Doctor" implanting a robotic device inside of Sam, apparently. Yeah, I find it a tad disturbing as well. I wasn't too keen on the idea of kids seeing the first film, and I think they definitely should skip the second. If the interrogation/torture scene (the picture you posted is a part of it) is as bad as it seems, I'm just not sure this film's at all family oriented.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what it is, but it's definitely something that Scalpel (also know as the doctor) is putting into him. Possibly some torcher device, something to track where he is and how many Autobots he's with, or maybe even something to force him to do what they want him to do. Though no matter what it is, it looks painful.

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scalpel = Bombshell

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know wat it is! NOTHING GOOD FOR SAM!!!

7. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, they already let us know ROTF would be 'darker' ...

and for the sake of the TF movieverse, I'd say it was about time, if the TF franchise ever wants to progress beyond kiddy cartoon/toy media....

The scene in TF1 where Barricade interrogates Sam, was a nice little lite-version of the T1000 chasing John. Evil robots should indeed be friggin' scary to humans.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, I must ask, how old are you? I just can't find anything funny about what you said.

I hope not. Kids are what keep it alive. Move on to the adult media and who will buy the toys? Collectors? That's not enough to keep a regular toyline going when the general audience doesn't buy toys.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yuck! Never really noticed that.

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    What's so bad about the first one?

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ok, from what age minimum would you want this movie to be and what do you think this age level can handle or not ?

I mean....Terminator 2 in 1991.. I saw it then at age 13. Nothing wrong with that imo.

12. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for the 'darker' story, as well...but keep it PG-13.

For anything worse than that, I have plenty of fanfics/art to look at. :wink: 

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nevermind. :rolleyes2 

14. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

....Kinda reminds me of...I think It's the Matrix when they put the little robobug in Neo...

15. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the same thing happened to Alice. Maybe thats why she is refered to as evil, because she is being controlled by something the "doctor" put in her. I think that would be way cooler then having some robot pretender in an Alice suit...... thats just dumb and will ruin the movie.

16. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I like that the films are as realistic as possible (given the material) but let's not get too taken with ourselves in terms of seriousness. Past a certain point, giant alien robots brought to life from a cartoon just doesn't lend itself to being entirely respectable. (I know I've said this a million times, and I'll say it a million times more because it's true.) I think it's great we have...well..."street cred" now, but if it becomes too serious, it's going to be the next Star Trek and look at what happened there. Hell, it's been said the new Trek even pokes a bit of fun at itself.

Sure, I like a slightly more mature TF universe, but I also remember growing up with it as a KID. I love the fact that Animated has made me YOUNG again. We've lost a lot of that along the way and the serious forays were downright boring.

I hated Dreamwave's story lines. They became too dark, too plodding, too boring.

Animated injected fresh new energy and life into the franchise. We mustn't forget our roots in youth.

Thank you. Excellent point.

Collector minded releases work in Japan, but last I heard TakaraTomy wasn't doing all that well, and TFs weren't as big of a seller as they had been.

I think we should have fun with TFs now while we can, because they're not going to be around forever.

Tastes change.
    Prices make them become a luxury.
    Kids outgrow them.

Take your pick or a mix of all of the above, it's slowly happening and will continue to do so. So we might as well enjoy them and have FUN while doing so.

Making them too dark or too serious is just a bad, bad idea.

And making the movies less than kid friendly is a bad move as well.

I understand why George Lucas did what he did with Episode III and the immolation scene, but it wasn't at all kid friendly. In fact, Star Wars lost a lot of it's wow factor once the prequel trilogy came to be. I like 'em, don't get me wrong, but when you compare the two trilogies...the fun factor is gone. IV, V, and VI had comedic moments, great action, and fun all the way through. Kids and adults alike could use their imagination and be a part of the story.

I, II, and III made the storyline too serious, too dark, and ultimately the entire saga just sad. Darth Vader wasn't the mysterious villain who was actually a good man underneath it all, not anymore. Now he's the misunderstood child who grew up to be a brooding pretty boy who was used as a pawn and lost everything near and dear to him, pretty much like what can happen in real life. It lost it's enchanting nature, the fun factor, the "space opera" feel. It became the Darth Vader story and while he's a fantastic character, he's already kick ass enough on his own without SIX friggin' movies being all about him.

And we're going to see the same thing happen to TFs if people don't pay attention to the past, or they'll be doomed to repeat it.

It is indeed gross. I'm not too good with implantation, or surgical, or chest bursting type scenes on the big screen, they really do bother me. They have since I was a kid and still bother me to this day. Yet I can watch House like an addiction and not even flinch. Go figure.

17. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I'm all for darker elements in the story. However, this scene is time where I'm going to pray for some fast cutting and hope that it doesn't linger too much on Scalpel's activities.

18. Brolga01

Brolga01 Olé

:confused: 
    Anyway......OMG!!!!WTF?!?:jawdropper:  What is that???

19. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

Yup, I took my son to see the first one. He was not yet 3 but still loved transformers. As soon as Barricade transformed he started yelling "That's a bad tramsformer, Optimus Prime is going to get that bad transformer". Then came along the scene in the bedroom with Sam's mom. Thankfully he never asked or repeated it. But I am still going to take to see this one. Ill just have to cover his eyes here and there.

20. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

If its just one scene in the whole movie, that's different than an entire movie. I'm sure this movie is still kid-friendly/PG-13 with a scene they may not like. This isn't going to be like taking your kid to a Tarantino movie.