A Discussion about Soundwave's Minions. *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Well, TF1 had Frenzy and ROTF will have Ravage.

Their exact connection to Soundwave is currently unknown beyond Soundwave's toy coming with a missile/"entry mode" Ravage.

How much of a drone/pet do you think they'll make Ravage? If he has little/no connection to Soundwave beyond being "launched" from him (basically a repeat of Blackout and Scorponok) will you be pissed or glad?

Do you think they'll retroactively connect Frenzy to Soundwave (maybe a throw-away line about Barricade "loosing" the minion he "borrowed" from Soundwave) and if so, do you think that maybe
    Simmons secretly having Frenzy's head
    will play into it?

How/when do you think they'll work in the other minions? (Rumble, Lazerbeak, Ratbat, etc...) Will they have as-of-yet unknown cameos in ROTF, or do you think they'll save them for the potential TF3?

Thread: Eject. Operation: Gather fandom's opinion on the movie-verse's portrayal of Soundwave's "Army"...

2. TranstechCat

12 hours... 105 views... and 0 replies.

Wow. I feel the love guys. Really... :redface2: 

3. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I'll post some love.

I personally want to see Rumble. I had said in a thread a while back that it would be cool to see Rumble be one of the protoforms that hits the carrier. And as he sinks and all the debris falls on Megs body Rumble has to hit the ocean floor to free Megs dead body.

Also, I think it would be cool if they linked frenzy back to Soundwave. I think Soundwave is gonna get the shaft in this movie and have more of an appearence in TF3.

I do hope they give more screen time to Ravage and somehow have him meet back up with Soundwave instead of just getting launched from space.

4. Im No Hero

Im No Hero ze best reader

News Credits:
    i dont think frenzy has any connection to soundwave though i think the alice pretender is one of soundwaves minions giving him two in this film ravage and alice. if soundwaves survives i think he will have lazerbeak and maybe ratbat it tf3.

lazerbeak superior. ravage inferior.

5. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    As long as Soundwave says "Ravage, EJECT" i'll be fine and dandy

6. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Maybe when Soundwave comes to Earth,Blaster can come to Earth also and the two of them can have a rap battle.

7. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this point that's the character I'm most anxious to see. He was such an integral part of the original series. IMO pound for pound the toughest Transformer there is.

8. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I would quite like to see Frenzy retroactively linked to Soundwave. I also think the Alice Pretender should be a Soundwave minion. Her being such a thing would be appropriate for Soundwave's personailty of someone who quietly absorbs and remembers information. He is an intelligence operative, really. His spies should be everywhere.

9. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

One thing that would def make my day is if soundwave says "Ravage EJECT!!". That would be so awesome but i have a feeling its not going to be in the film. Like 1701 said i think alice and Ravage should both be soundwaves minions. His main function is a spy bot so he should have people sneaking all over and reporting back to him with info. If they make it as Ravage just shoots out from soundwave and we barely see any connection i think ill be a little pissed. I mean thats the whole point of including them in my opinion, but i guess well just have to wait and see what happens.

10. TranstechCat

Yay replies! *is happy now*

Ok, here's a thought. If they do have that dreadlocked pretender linked to Soundwave as one of the minions, how would you feel if they gave it one of the minion names? It looks very similar to Frenzy, what if they called it Rumble? It has a beak-like structure for a mouth so they might call it Lazerbeak, or Ratbat, or Buzzsaw, etc...

Would you care if they included one of the Cassetticons "in name only"? Does Lazerbeak have to be a bird? Ratbat a bat?

As for Soundwave using his classic phrases, I have a sneaky feeling that if they include such it will be said in "Cybertronian" and subtitled.

11. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

I dont even know how people can work out how that tangled mess of metal on the car resembles frenzy or has bird like features? too mee its just a mangled mess of metal.

Im all for rumble in the movie. maybe have him look like frenzy but have big arms that can change into jackhammers.

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    actually frenzy was such a fucking joke in TF1 that i would not want him connected to soundwave...soundwave is more worthy than that joke of a character....i would not mind some other of his "cassettes" being connected to him in the 3rd movie...

13. TranstechCat

I liked TF1 Frenzy... :inquisiti 

14. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Laserbeak will be in the movie.

Anyone else notice the bird flying in the pyramid scene? The wings dont seem to be moving much. Almost like its propelled by jets.

Attached Files:

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

How do people spot something that small? o_O 

I like the idea they've set up of one Transformer, one minion/helper/companion. Barricade had Frenzy, Blackout had Skorps, and Soundwave has Ravage. I'm content with that setup for the movies.

16. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

it would definitly be cool to see rumble and laserbeak, but if a small tformer like rumble can make "rumbles" what would stop other bots from adding that tech to themselvs unless rumble means fight. no objections to layzorrbeake. also, did frenzy get thrown into the (2nd) deepest point on earth too? regardless he could be remade by SW and he and rumble can kick some auto-butt

17. fallam

fallam Banned

Does anyone have any pictures of The Doctor?

kthx

18. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:

I`d never really thought about it before, but yeah, you`re completely right!! Most of Meg`s planned seemed to require Rumble causing an earthquake! And the way he sticks up for Soundwave, what a bot! :)