A Different Sequel to TF: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by RobotKnight95, Apr 10, 2018.

1. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I found this video posted in February (which most likely means I'm slow to the party if this information was already shared) regarding the original plans of a sequel to Transformers: Prime. In summary, Robots in Disguise was not the original plan for the sequel but Hasbro's shift to more kid-approved content and budget cuts led to the original plans being scrapped.

The initial story for the sequel series was to tie up any lose ends for most of of the Autobots and Decepticons set on Cybertron. The main plot lines which would have been focused on were Airachnid and her Terror-Insecticon army and Shockwave's fate post Predacon's Rising. That was as far as the staff had gotten into their plans before the change.

There is some speculation that this supposed sequel would have taken cancelled ideas from the original TF: Prime scripts of seasons 3 and 4 in which alongside Predacons would be a Maximal counterpart and a group of space pirates led by Thundertron would attempt to conquer Cybertron for themselves.

I can only state my perspective that Prime's cancelled sequel and the downfall of Aligned is due to the conflicting desires of the multiple studios involved with intent on creating their own story for the Transformers and Hasbro's intent on selling toys. Not a new revelation but perhaps this, the joint universe tried with IDW and almost with the Movieverse, should serve as a warning to when Hasbro tries to act "ambitious".

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I would've absolutely loved to see that show. Too bad we're never going to get that opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I believe could have happen the same with beast wars.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well I would love see that sequel instead of RID'15, which I have only five episodes of that show, this one of other hand I would watch a whole seasons wroth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JaidenRoda

JaidenRoda Crusadercon

This sounds much better than the abomination we got.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Optimus4EVER

Optimus4EVER Youngling Femmebot Prime-In-Training

News Credits:
    @Awesomepow get over here! Check this out dude!!!!!! I am sweating and so excited! Prepare to get a poster very soon!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:

Hey, if I get the information together would you folks be willing to call Hasbro, leave a message, and email them? I have the info and the poster ready to upload. You can also post the pic wherever you want, facebook, devart, whatever, even in your local comic shops. Interested?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:
    What is the likely hood of this becoming a comic book adventure like the animated is getting?

9. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Prime staff wasn't able to do a halfway competent show when they were aiming for kids, you think they'd be able to do a "mature" sequel without embarrasing themselves?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ? OP4E

11. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    I'm afraid not. I'm not asking for a different sequel to be made or anything and I'm not patient enough to deal with boardroom executives and so on. Plus it's unlikely that Hasbro would refocus themselves on Prime as despite the popularity the show had it wasn't a commercial success. Unless there's a way to make a large profit from making a sequel show it simply won't happen.
    Is Animated still getting a comic? It's been a while since I've heard anything mentioning that and even so it's taking quite the time to get made. :/

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Dude, unless you also happen to be an investor willing to sink millions into this project, nothing you can possibly do will get Hasbro to even notice what you're trying to make happen. It was dead before RID even happened, because the studio that made the Prime cartoon was actually shut down on account of the massive disaster the cartoon ended up being financially.

Zero. Much for the same reasons, because Aligned is dead because of Prime and Hasbro doesn't want to touch that failure any more than it absolutely has to. The failure of Prime, followed by the complete implosion of the movieverse thanks to The Last Knight being a complete flop compared to the billion dollar box office it was expected to make, has led Hasbro into a crisis mindset. They're going complete scourched earth reset with the franchise and starting over with something new, a single continuity across all media - tv, movies, and comics. Speculation is that it'll be G1 based since G1 always sells but it's too early to tell.

They couldn't manage a halfway competent show when they weren't aiming exclusively for kids, because they kept fighting against Hasbro's mandates as opposed to doing the job they were hired to do and make a cartoon from what Hasbro stipulated. They had arguments over whether or not to make the Nemesis be Trypticon when every prequel lore entry in Aligned prior to Prime explicitly made it clear Trypticon was the Nemesis.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:
    What is with the question mark my friend? Moving conversation to a pm...

14. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want a poster.

15. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Awww, that sucks :(  This sounds like it would been better than what we got. But what can you do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Optimus4EVER

News Credits:
    Poster
    I am now calling these numbers once a week...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Dude, it's not happening, you're just wasting your time if you actually are trying to call Hasbro. There is nothing you can do to convince them to burn millions of dollars on a cartoon, let alone anything additional, just to get a sequel replacement for RID. You don't have industry contacts, you don't have a resume in whatever commercial fields would be applicable, and technically what you've done is make fan content which legally Hasbro isn't able to use anyway.

I'll give you credit for optimism, but this is reality we're talking about. The most you're probably going to get in response from Hasbro is them asking you to stop calling them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Could not have put it better myself. Thanks Burnout

• Like Like x 1
  19. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

If there was a lack of profit with Transformers Prime, it should be because of the toys.

The entire line suffers the cheap hollow plastic syndrome, and this is very sad since this was a really great show. It only needs better toy representations, with better quality. I'm still waiting for 3P version.

And they decided RID will be better? Man, RID toys are even worse, the cheap hollow plastic syndrome is stronger in that line.

I wonder what's wrong with big companies nowadays? They don't understand that dollar is king? And in order to get those dollars they need to be more in contract with their costumers and offering better quality products. Not a surprise the success of 3P and KO companies like Wei Jiang .

• Like Like x 1
  20. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

I thought I remember hearing that the toyline for Prime was doing well. It was the budget for the show that did Prime in. Though, this is all hearsay, we don’t know for sure what did Prime in. We only have inclinations and comments by former employees.