A different name?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 20, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

A bit earlier, I was writing a thread about terrible altmodes.

However, got distracted by writing a thread about ROTF bludgeon. Which got me wondering, that if it was named anything else... Would I like it?

Honestly? Yeah, I would probably be all over the mold, and had I seen Banzai-tron, and never heard about Bludgeon... I think it would be the best thing ever since sliced gravy.

And really? I think this applies to the Live-Action movies themselves. Because, yes... They are shitty on their own. However, I think if we pretend it isn't Transformers, it would be that... five percent better, and possibly it may pass as a decent-ish film.

Like really, without the rouse that it is Transformers, it would be easy to pretend that it is, it's own little alein movie about Transforming aleins, that are in disguise to hide from their enemies, and blend it with a society they know little about.

So, from now on, I think I am going to refuse to even count the Movie-verse as part of the Transformers lineage, and just refer to it as "That one franchise, that has made a crap load of money based on name dropping", or... "Transchangers", or something like that.

It's just my thoughts on these movies for now, until I decide that degrade my opinion on the franchise even lower...and...lower... Yeah, should probably just stay out of this sub-forum... but... still...

ODOYAL RULES!!!

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As attractive as the suggestion is, I cannot adopt such a dismissive attitude towards something that takes one of my most beloved franchises and twists it into something so substandard.

3. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Brb, gonna run to the store to get some cheese.

You look like you could use some with that whine.

4. TheDemonDzko

-claps- You sir are the king of the wit.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Respect points lost: 87.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I got it, I got it!

TRANSMORPHERS.

How's that? :p 

7. TheDemonDzko

Hey! I'm sure if Assylum had the same budget of Transformers, who knows where it would have turned up.

8. TheDemonDzko

And yet... apathy levels? Still the same. =P

9. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

You make a good point! Us fans already come in with expectations based on the shows and comics we've seen. Without that, it's alot easier to base the film on it's own merits. The series still might not be number 1 to me, but I believe I coould judge it more kindly.

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    :lolol 

11. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, I'm sure the movies trade quite heavily on the Transformers name. Would they have done as well without it or the iconic character names they used? Honestly nobody can ever really know. The robot CGI effects would've likely attracted many people to see them regardless of the TF title. Even without the Transformers name to it I'm sure a great chunk of us would go see a movie with live-action shape-changing giant alien robots just because we like that kinda thing. How many of us have seen The Returner?
    But then we're told so often that the TF fandom is such a small and insignificant element in the grand scheme of things that we'd probably not make much difference if we all decided to stay at home rather than pay to go to the cinema to see these BayFormers movies.
    Where everyone was a lesbian and wears black leather and in the end Pinocchio found out he wasn't a real boy.