A day late and a buck short

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by badbadryan, Apr 17, 2011.

1. badbadryan

badbadryan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I have been saving for a Fans project upgraded Bruticus set. I was ready to buy it a few days ago on bigbadtoystore and guess what...Munitioner is sold out. I have been saving money forever now so that I can get this set and now half is not available. lol So I guess my question is do you folks think that they will run these guys again or does anyone know another place to get them? I am skipping most of the movie line so I have to get my fix somehow! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks as always,
    Ryan

2. badbadryan

Ebay:
    Are they a good source? I have never bought anything from anyone else than BBTS.

3. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    ToyArena is awesome dude!! They have great customer service and they are on the pricey side. Don't hesitate to order from them, I've ordered from them many times when I need something rare. Good Luck!

4. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    Yeah, there Good. Something like this happen to me two weeks ago. I finally decided to order Animated Wing Prime from BBT and I said to myself, mmm, I'll do tomorrow. Welps stupid me! SOLD OUT the next morning!! So Toyarena it was, the only thing I didnt like was that I had to pay sales tax cause I'm from CA. Good luck!

5. badbadryan

Ebay:
    wow a raving review huh! I wish they were a little cheaper but I guess at this point beggars can not be choosers.

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buddy, welcome to my world! It seems that whenever I try to pre-order something, it's always sold out. Probably the worst example is United Jazz. I was going to pre-order him on Kapow for £23, but first I wanted to ask Andy a question about combined shipping. When he answered me the next morning and I was ready to pre-order, Jazz sold out. Not only that, but he sold out everywhere! I ended up being scalped on eBay for £36. :cry 

The most recent case is Warpath. He was available on BBTS and I contacted a friend with a credit card to place the pre-order for me. When she gets back to me six hours later and ready to pre-order, Warpath is sold out. How. Fuggin'. Typical. The good news is that I managed to pre-order Warpath the same day for roughly the same price at Allthecoolstuff.co.uk. And wouldn't you know, he sold out shortly afterwards. Looks like I got lucky at last! :D 

7. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thomas from ToyArena is a great guy. met him in person last LA Collective meet up.

8. badbadryan

Ebay:
    Aw man we are kindred souls! My issues is that I never have the money for anything and when I do I am to late. I am glad to see that you got luck at least once! I am thinking that $134 for these guys may be a bit much. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. I have a house and kid to worry about and spending that much for 2 bots is really bothering me.

9. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I have ordered from them several times with no problems and shipping times have been good, but I have yet to see any customer service on my side. I sent them three emails in the last two weeks for a misassembled toy and they have yet to even respond.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To slightly derail the thread, isn't the phrase "A day late and a dollar short"?

11. badbadryan

Ebay:

I think that is the correct way to say it. I think its one of those things that have evolved as slang has change how we say things.

12. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Dunno but in Blink182's track "Dammit" it's as per the title ;) 

I tend to pre-order stuff as soon as it comes up. The lack of availability of stuff over here in the UK means that I tend to just hit the order button on Kapow, even if it's not out for 9 months or more. Also means I don't forget! :D 

13. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Have you already bought these from Toyarena?
    If not, chimungmung.com has 1 set left, for $15 cheaper than toyarena. I haven't ordered from them, but I've heard they're good.

14. badbadryan

Ebay:

I have not ordered them yet. I am checking out that site now.
    THANKS!

15. badbadryan

Ebay:
    LOL yeah I know that song may be where it came from! I wish I could preorder all or even some of the stuff I want but money is a major issue. It took me many many months of eBay sales to get the money for these guys that is why I am so hesitant.

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

No problem, happy to help. :) 

17. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    True - I know I'm fortunate in the respect that I can order stuff in advance. But good luck and do enjoy the figures when you get them - they're awesome!

18. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I'm surprised they haven't responded. The couple of times I've emailed them, I've gotten a response with in 24hrs.

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch! $135? It was $125 the day after BBTS sold out and the same price $110 before that. Kinda suprised they raised the price this quickly when they still have over 150 in stock.

20. badbadryan

Ebay:

Yeah I am thinking I can not afford that. What do you think the chances of these guys getting another run is? Maybe if i beg fansproject they will do another lol