Minor/Repaint: A Crazy Idea...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Stormvapor, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I had a weird dream the other night where a creature that had a tyrannosaur-like body with a man's head on it instead of the tyrannosaur's...
    All day it's been messing with me, by being in the back of my mind(you know how like a song gets stuck in there), so I said "screw it"... I rummaged through my "spares" box and found a old knock-off or low grade styled transform-bot that was a T. rex. Next I looked for a head, and "bingo" I found a Kalibak head from DC superheroes toys. So, to make a long story short, I lopped-off the T. rex head and popped on the Kalibak head, and presto! Instant monster.
    This is still a WIP(gotta paint and stuff, but you'll can get the idea)
    I called him Chargrin.

Decepticon Chargrin:
    Function: Siege Weapon

Strength: 9
    Endurance: 9
    Intelligence: 5
    Firepower: 10
    Speed: 6
    Skill: 3

The tortured spark that would become Chargrin was built as an experiment by Shockwave to mimic the Trans-Organic tests that the Quintessons first did millennia ago that became the Dweller. Shockwave was seeking to recreate the Trans-Organic's power. Power to make a transformer more adaptable to any environment. When presented to Megatron, Shockwave was fired upon for bringing such heresy to the perfection that Megatron perceived the transformer race already was and was ordered to dispose of it. Shockwave in his wisdom secretly continued his work on his experiment, believing that Megatron was short-sighted and an organi-phobe unless he could see immediate results that he could wield.
    Later that stellar-cycle, on a remote world, the Decepticons were battling the Autobots for while trying to acquire resources. They were out numbered and about to call for the retreat, when seemingly nowhere a huge blast of light from the sky split the clouds and impacted the planet just meters away from the may-lay. The fighting ceased. An Autobot moved towards the impact crater to investigate, while the other Transformers just watched. As he peered into the smokey crater, a hum began... seconds later, the Autobot's body was incinerated. Horrified the remaining Transformers took cover, and trained their blasters to the crater. What came out was a bizarre creature, like nothing any of them have ever seen... A creature with a body of some saurian with the head that looked like a twisted parody of an Earthling. It bore the emblem of the Deception Empire, as was pointed out by an Autobot, at which the hum began... The Creature turned towards the Autobots and opened its maw, a beam of pure light erupted from it an incinerated 2 more Autobots, and wounded another. Needless to say the Autobots retreated, and the Decepticons rallied.
    Later, back on Cyberton, in the Decepticon stronghold, Megatron confronted Shockwave with malice in his optics, but stayed his wrath. He simply stood their and glared at his subordinate, then turned away and preceded to leave with just a smirk.
    Shockwave new he had succeeded. Now the being known as Chargrin would be a weapon that would be used in critical situations, where a show of force would be needed.

Chargrin is a weapon, plain and simple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Very creative, Stormvapor. You're creation, Chargrin is simply awesome. Freaky, but in a good way. So great job.

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

nice, he looks pretty loaded in botmode!

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Eeesh! Looks creepy and scary. Very nice.

...Now I'm gonna have nightmares.

5. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Cool. I definitely would put him in the "HEAD" Master catergory if you will. Just kidding. Great improvisation and execution. Cheers to coming up with more crazy originals!!

6. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    :) 

7. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

This makes me smile man. Thinking another mold that might work is the Transmetal Megatron from Beast Wars or Animated Grimlock as the head flips away in both molds. Though if a head chest is what your going for this is a good choice of mold and a lot of fun.

8. Stormvapor

Thanks mates!
    Thanks mate. I really wanted an organic mold for the "beast" so I looked towards BW Dinobot/BW Grimlock mold first, but it didn't work out because they were way to squat in beast modes... I have Universe Dinobot, but I only have one, so I wasn't going to ace him for this idea (maybe if I was a better customizer :p  ). I liked the head being his more in his gut area, rather than his chest, as I can see his "beast-mode's" head being able to be used as a weapon, by vomiting-up that beam weapon. it also kinda works as he doesn't look like a "physically fit" Transformer. This figure though, has an interesting G1 vibe going on, so I'll just toss him in with them :)  when I am done with him.

Hey Bellyboy, That would be an awesome motto for him, maybe :) 

9. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Ya know what this makes me think of? A Sharkticon. Or maybe the never named 'gator version from the show. Espesially the bot mode. Obviously the human head would need to be changed but I definately see it working as a Quint minion. Just a thought.

10. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

Dude. That is scary looking as hell! Would work great in a TF horror film. Nice job.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    It reminds me of "Where the Wild Things are."

12. Stormvapor

Its actually based on the Quintesson creations known as the Trans-organics (G1 Cartoon ep), just that in his origin, this is Shockwave's attempt to recreate it. So I think you and I are on the same Page :)  .

Thanks mate, that's an awesome comment :D 

Okay, Update: Finished his Beast-mode paint job for the most part.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ezilla82

I think the darker colors really make Chargrin fearsome, like you don't want to mess with in a dark alley.

14. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Bleeper of Blorps

News Credits:
    Man, that is one bizarre piece of work there... I like it! I like the bio alot, and that's a sweet paint job there too!

15. Stormvapor

Thanks Guys, Here's a small update cause I think, I'm done :D  enjoy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Dude! FREAKY!!!! I love it!

17. Ezilla82

Very cool. I know that you're done with this project, but if you painted the face and ears the same color as the body then it would be awesome. But still this is just a suggestion.

18. Stormvapor

I think i can accommodate both our wishes :) 

19. Ezilla82

Awesome. Because the reason is that his face looks out of place, but if you painted the same colors as the body then it'll look badass and that it'll scare the holy crap out of the Autobots. LOL Does that make sense, Stormvapor.

20. Stormvapor

Aye, Here you go :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone for the support :)