A couple questions (WFC)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Surge, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    - What's up with the melee attack? Just now, as a scout, I melee'd an enemy soldier THREE fucking times and he didn't die. Yet, I could be playing as a soldier and all it takes is for a scout or scientist to hit me ONCE and I'm dead. Overpowered much, or just unpredictable? It's the one thing about the game that fuels my rage incredibly.

- In TDM, I often see people with accurate colors such as: red Sideswipe with white torso and accurately blue Soundwave. How is this possible, or is it just a glitch on my behalf? For Sideswipe, the closest I can get to white, is really light yellow or red. For Soundwave, the closest I can get to blue, is dark turquoise or purple. Anyone else notice this? And if someone can tell me how to get the right colors, it'd be greatly appreciated.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The colors may just have something to do with the color-editing screen not having the ambient lighting that the levels do.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I stick to escalation when I play this game. But yeah I'm pretty sure as you level up your health bar increases? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or maybe scouts just have lower health. Not sure.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Health doesn't increase. Scientists have the lowest health.

Scout - four bars
    Scientist - three bars
    Leader - ? (I don't play as them often)
    Soldier - six bars

5. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

The melee attack might be that you health was fairly low so u died sooner also what I do as a scout is go up to a leader if they are not looking and shoot them once or twice with the battle pistol then melee attack straight after (if someone did this to you it might seem that all he did was melee attack but he may have shot you quick before and you didnt notice)

As for the colour schemes, when you reach prime mode all the chassis go to the their normal character colours regardless of what coloured are in the pallets for that particular character, so SW will have the correct blue but one you change it you can't get the colours back (I'm leaving my SS at the mo as he still has the accurat coloured from prime mode :D 

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    perhaps they have either been under the influence of warcry or have an upgrade that gives them an extra boost when coming out of cloaking/disguise

7. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    Okay.

The times when you've hit them, does it look like they're being affected at all or is your melee going right through them, sorta say? Because that happens quite often with me in escalation and I usually have to back up and preform the melee again for it to work. If your actually legitimately hitting them 3 times in a row then I don't know what to tell ya. I guess soldiers can take more hits.

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Perhaps my hits aren't connecting. Or do you actually have to aim for the head while melee attacking? And if anyone can recommend a specific moveset for one of my scouts, that'd also be appreciated. All three of mine possess...

Scatter Blaster
    Plasma Cannon

Dash
    Cloak

Backstab
    Leg Servos
    Explosive Capacitator (I think one of them has rapid recharge)

9. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    Your hits might not be connecting but it has nothing to do with where your aiming. It should work from any angle.

10. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

If I remember correctly, a melee attack does 2.5 bars of damage, meaning three hits should be enough to take down a 6 bar soldier who hasn't any buffs, but online lag considered, not all of those hits may have registered - when I used to play, many was the time that I most certainly DID connect with a melee of shotgun blast, and my opponent came away unscathed due to having a faster connection, or I'd be flying away full thrust from a battle only to be downed by a strike which missed by a clear 10 feet.

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:

To get an accurate color character you kind of need to have an unchanged chassis. Meaning one that hasn't be changed in anyway. You can adjust it's weapons, abilities pretty much anything except the colors of chassis. If you don't change the colors, the default colors of the chassis will be used. Sideswipe will be red, Soundwave will be blue, Warparth will have grey on him and you can get Starscream too.

But if you already have all chassis filled, you just need to disconnect while you in game and have all your chassis reset.

12. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Well-Known Member

Someone can shoot you at almost the same instant as doing a melee and there's a good chance you'll die from the attack. There's also the possibility someone else was shooting at you at the same time as the melee occurring and you wouldn't really be able to notice it.

13. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    A scout without health matrix is a dead scout.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not underdtanding the default color thing here. I've never seen this on ps3.

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

The melee thing is pretty easy to explain as I've been on both sides of it. It has to do with leveling up. The higher level you are, the more damage it does and you get an extra boost to it when you hit Prime Mode. And there are also certain ability combinations that will maximize that effect. If you have the cloak, make sure you have dimmentional step and backstab as both of those increase your melee attach. And a scout with dash is a dead scout. Seriously, only load that if you have some insane need to rush to your death.

16. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    lol you couldn't be more wrong about dash, it may seem worthless for what it does but I always use it since if your jumping around an enemy shooting the hell out of him with the null ray, it'll make you harder to hit.

Anyway, a soldier with EMP Shotgun, Sharp Shooter = OWNED

Soldiers now my favoured class mostly due to its 3 killstreak being absolutely lethal.

17. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Fair enough. I should have said that if I'm using a scout with dash it's a dead scout. I just have never got the hang of using it and it always seems that I've only ever dashed right into my death.

Although I've recently found the love of the null ray. That thing is 100% lethal right there.