A couple Perfect Effect questions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Excuse my ignorance, but I was never originally interested in much of these, but now that I have a little extra cash and a Shadow Commander incoming, I might as well see if I can figure some stuff out.

1) What exactly is the backpack that goes with Shadow Demolitions? Is it worth the additional $30?

2) What accessories come with Laser/Buzzer? Just the sword thing?

3) Does Perfect Effect have any plans to do a Ravage figure?

4) Is Kingbat worth tracking down? The spear mode is the only thing that looks good, IMO, and that doesn't really "go" with Shadow Commander.

2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) The backpack acts as a connection port to store the City Commander mold's bigass cannon in robot mode. It also serves as a missile launcher in vehicle mode. Additionally, it adds two holes on the side of vehicle mode that can be used for holding the City Commander upgrade missiles OR other perfect effect bots in weapon mode.

2) Sword thing and a clip to mount them on the forearms of the Classics Prime mold

3) None that they've dhown.

4) Kingbat isn't great, the bat mode is iffy because it doesn't have true wings. Get if you have the rest and want to be a completist. It does give you a nice sword for Classics Megatron.

3. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) No, but it's necessary if you get the other Perfect Effect stuff.
    2) That, clips for arm attachment and tiny missiles. Check out my review for more info
    3) We are not sure yet
    4) Spear mode rocks

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey.

Stop stealing my idea! :p 

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    The only thing is, I can't see myself paying $100 to upgrade a $100 upgrade set (even if I did just come into a decent amount of money). I haven't bought any of them yet because they're Targetmasters... If I'm gonna drop $30+ for a gun, it better shoot foam darts.

I do kinda want PE-01F/R (I found the United ones to be lacking, although I may reclaim them from my sale thread) but $65 for guns... For $110 I preordered an iGear Ironhide that has about 10 guns...

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't buy PE figures for the gun modes. PE makes awesome, tiny robots and they look best in bot mode. They're passable weapons, maybe more so in the case of the birds, but they Excel as articulated robots.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting to see some updates on that Soundwave PE teased. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it looked good and interacted uniquely somehow with Frenzy/Rumble/Buzzer/Laser/Kingbat.

8. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I have SFX and yes, they do excel at being articulated tiny robots. However, part of the fun is transforming them. Targetmasters are the one gimmick I never entirely understood, just because it's like "oh, no matter what the main robot is doing, it's still a gun... So why does it transform?"