A Couple of TF's Questions I've Always Wondered

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Heckster, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

Why do almost all of the combiners have the peg offset on their feet? I hate the look of this, the feet wont center on the bot. It drives me nuts!!

The other is why does G1 metroplex have one antenna that foldes into his arm but the other is detachable?

I have just always wondered this.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    For the combiners, actually, the later ones are centered. On the earlier ones, it was meant to be so the feet could spread outwards a little for more balance. The offset is meant to attach so the footpads go outward. It does look weird, I know, but I believe that is the idea.

I know Piranacon was done centrally, I think Computron and Abominus were good as well.

On Metroplex, it's got something to do with his city mode. Not 100% sure what, but I think it is to do with the mechanism in one arm not allowing for the retractable antenna. Been a while since I had either of mine down.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Nosecone is the worst offender on having an offset foot...It looks really weird.

From what I remember, both of Metroplex's arms are the same in design, just the left one is attatched to the shoulder that folds out into the helipad. Dunno why that would be a reason for not using the retractible antenna gimmick, but maybe there's something internal that wouldn't work.

4. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just re-checked him again and his arms look identical. I guess they just wanted you to have to track down one extra part 20 years down the line.

5. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

To add more craziness to the combiner foot debate:

Aerialbots: All centered holes, offset peg on footplate
    Combaticons: All dual holes, offset peg on footplate
    Protectobots: All centered holes, offset peg on footplate
    Stunticons: All centered holes, offset peg on footplate
    Technobots: Afterburner, Lighspeed & Strafe centered holes, Nosecone dual holes, centered peg on footplate
    Terrorcons: All centered holes, offset peg on footplate
    Seacons: All centered holes, centered peg on footplate

As for Metroplex, the retractable antennae is on a static arm, where-as the removable antennae has a mechanism inside for the swing which would conflict with the retraction mechanism.