A couple of TFs canon questions (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bovril, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I've just been reading Spotlight: Drift (which I rather enjoyed).
    It's alluded to that Drift has been hanging out with a 'third faction' - am I supposed to know who this faction is, or is it an enigma for future plotlines?

Also, in Last Stand of the Wreckers, issue 5...
    Guzzle is ripped in half on the first page, yet leaves safely with Impactor at the end. Other bots suffering the same fate die, yet he doesn't... odd? Likewise, Kup's head is crushed flat but no mention of his fate. Hmm :S

Changing topic, I was watching ROTF the other day (god knows why) and noticed something weird in the scene where Sam and co. are rescued from Megatron's brain surgery plans. Megatron is blasted out the window and flees in Tank form. Prime picks up Sam and drives off in a different direction... yet Suddenly, Megatron is behind him giving chase. Errr....?

I'd be tempted to ask what the other Autobots, particularly 'Bee, were up to while Prime was getting his ass handed to him... but I can probably predict the response.

edit: Just remembered something else... who is the ball-bearing 'bot that Ravage deploys supposed to be? I figured he was supposed to be Lazerbeak, in an abstract kind of way, but no doubt someone can correct me on this.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Very simple. Being a functioning alien tank (taht we assume) that can travel and change direction, he turned around when he noticed them escaping, and pursued.

3. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I am familiar with the concept of turning around :p  Seems to me that if he was that concerned about Sam escaping, he wouldn't have fled in the first place. I guess it's more of a crap cinematography thing, which I suppose is to be expected from Bay.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Yes, the "3rd faction" in Drift's history is still an enigma, one which will presumably be revealed in the rest of his miniseries. (I'm more confused as to why the cover of issue 2 has Megatron and Deadlock, despite the fact that
    the Deadlock body has already been destroyed and overhauled in the first issue
    )

As for the Wreckers thing, yeah I dunno either. I assumed Guzzle was dead too, but then he wasn't!

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a note in Guzzle's "Autopedia" bio, as I recall, that says he previously went through some trauma that involved his legs getting ripped off, so he reconfigured his body to "take" that sort of damage easier. Hence, his survival.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy was called Reed-Man in the script, and he never got a more Transformer-y sounding name since he wasn't going to get a toy. I think most fans just call him Reed-Man.

7. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I didn't think Drift's miniseries got published... guess I better keep an eye out for it! Am looking forward to finding out about that faction.

I spotted shortly after my first post. Still seems a bit cheap, though. Especially since Overlord makes a comment about him being dead.

Nice one, mystery solved :)  Crap name though, I thought he was one of the better ideas in ROTF and coulda used more love.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Issue #1 just came out. If you check your local comic shop now, you ought to be able to find a copy.

9. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Found one :)  Am resisting reading it until my Drift figure shows up in the post though... perhaps too childish for someone pushing 30 :p 

Here's another puzzler, who's the Decepticon that captures the Witwicky parents in ROTF? Not Rampage, the dude that actually bags them in France. I suspect it'll be a boring answer, like 'Generic 'Con Protoform' but hey... he looks cool in that close-up.

10. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I just picked up the drift toy myself at midtown comics (which has yet to replenish the LSoTW tpb). Pretty nice figure. I really love the modern g1 toys =)

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Kup's fine. He's sitting by Springer's bedside on one of the last pages of issue 5. Perceptor is the one who seems to disappear after being knocked off line by Overlord.

Reedman - Transformers Wiki

Well, Impactor thought Springer was dead, too, but he wasn't.

Somebody in the story merely assuming another character is dead doesn't actually mean they're dead, at least until the story itself says so.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't know about you, but I tend to flee or at least get distance between myself and whoever's shooting at me.

Especially if said person just shot me through a wall.

"Shit, Prime's her-OW! Better book it- no wait, he's running, C'MERE YOU!"

13. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    I checked TF-Wiki and it simply said

What does that mean?

14. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

It wasn't that someone in the story assumed Kup's death, more the fact that you see his head being squashed flat and are expected to believe he survived.

I know it was supposed to be dramatic and all, but a little consistency in the art would be nice.

Fair do's I guess, but I still found it very jarring and a piss-poor bit of cinematography. Bay really has no sense of spacial awareness in his shooting.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I was responding to your comment that Guzzle's survival felt a bit cheap in light of Overlord's claim that Guzzle had died. I don't know why you're linking this to Kup, but...

It was consistent. Look at it again - Kup's head wasn't "squashed flat" at all, he was merely banged either side of his head.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Con that kidnaps Sam's parents in France in ROTF is a generic Decepticon protoform...sorry Brovil! :p 

But if it makes you feel better..it's face is similar to Blackout! (It's not supposed to be Grindor pre-Earth mode, though, as he's already seen and defeated before this scene)

I was a bit confused about Guzzle being ripped in two in LSotW..but hey, these are Transformers after all..their survival depends on alot of things...