A Couple Of Questions About Universe/Classics 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Oct 13, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Just like the the title says.....so here goes:

1.) Is it just me or does Universe/Classics Ironhide look like a left over movieformer design?

2.) Why does the license plate on Ironhide say Oregon?

3.) Why in the blue-blazes wasn't Universe/Classics Galvatron made as a Voyager-class figure? We got a bunch of re-treads in the Voyager department that had no business even being in this line......and Galvatron was a deluxe? Sheesh.

4.) I love the designs for the Lambo Brothers but, is it just me or do the pics of Sideswipe make his face look like Gonzo from the Muppets? Is the face actually that bad when you own the figure or is it just bad pics? Should I still consider getting this figure eventually?

THANKS to anyone who posts!!

Bonus Question: Should I submit this as a letter to Toyfare just to see what kind of funny/sarcastic answers I'll get?

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    1 - its not as complex as it looks..its a very classics-type design, imo...great figure in robot mode, and i love the SUV mode too, though some dont
    2 - no idea :D 
    3 - many people have complained about this..i agree he's too small, even for a deluxe! but we're just gonna have to deal with it..galvatron is the worst classics/universe figure i own
    4 - sideswipe's face is great, nothing 'gonzo-ish' about him :D  i dunno, i didnt really look at the face in that aspect, but i think it looks very good...u should definitely get him!

and sure, mail this to Toy fare ;p

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    1. He does, but I think it's got more to do with how he breaks up and the weird chest piece they gave him then actually being a leftover design. He's just nowhere near as complex as half the movie deluxes.

2. Err... it's homaging something from the comics I think, but I'm not so sure what.

3. Hasbro's official answer for this at Botcon (and a B.S. answer to boot) was that there were "too many large tanks already in the line". Which, doesn't even make sense. Where the heck are the large tanks in Universe? And, even if you talk about Transformers as a brand... you still don't have a lot of tank vehicles. And why does this particular rule only apply to tanks? How come there's 'never too many deluxe cars' or 'too many large jets'? And, if this isn't just totally B.S. then (and I've been saying this for awhile) everyone in Hasbro's marketing department needs to be fired for making inane business decisions.

4. Get him. He's just as cool, if not cooler, than Sunstreaker. The face on mine looks good, but I guess if you angle him just right his nose tends to stick out a little... does make him look kind of like Gonzo. BUT GONZO WAS COOL!!! Screw Kermit!

Bonus: Sure, send it to Toy Fair. If they actually answer it... it'll probably be darned funny.

4. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:

Oregon was the location of the Ark in the comics. So an Oregon plate makes sense since that's basicly where Ironhide lived.

5. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I wonder if there's any Cybertronian plastic surgeons who can help Universe/Classics Sideswipe fix his long, curved, gonzo-like nose. Seriously though, can some PLEASE post pics of Sideswipe that show a closeup of his face? Those official package pics make him look very muppet-like!!:) 

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. I don't think so.
    2. G1 headquarters.
    3. So he could fight his arch enemy deluxe Hot Rod.
    4. It's just you.

7. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

1.) I think its overall not bad, not the best figure buh still pretty cool that they released one in the 1st place.
    2.) Perhaps that was where Ironhide got his numberplate :p  I have no idea i'm only speculating haha Sounds Texan so perhaps that fits in with Ironhide
    3.) Yeh, a lot of people were disappointed that the new Universe 2.0 Galvatron was a little too short and had its other issues with joints etc. It might have been better as a Voyager Figure (Larger Particle Cannon too :p )
    4.) I think it is just the pics that makes him look that way. And yes, why not get the figure, you can never have too many ;) 

Answer to Bonus Qst: Yes, you should try submitting a letter to Toyfare to find out why in blue blistering barnacles does Ironhide's number plate say Oregon!!!!

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is correct.

9. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Sweet my now everything is clear now hahaha

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

1.) Is it just me or does Universe/Classics Ironhide look like a left over movieformer design?

It's just you. Actually, I don't think most movie vehicles have as many obvious break-lines in the car's body as Ironhide does. And his body doesn't look much like the movie-verse to me.

Marvel comics.

3.) Why in the blue-blazes wasn't Universe/Classics Galvatron made as a Voyager-class figure? We got a bunch of re-treads in the Voyager department that had no business even being in this line......and Galvatron was a deluxe? Sheesh.

Simple solution to this problem is to get on eBay and purchase Energon Galvatron instead. Granted it doesn't have a G1 alt-mode, but in bot mode that baby is EXACTLY what Galvatron should be.

4.) I love the designs for the Lambo Brothers but, is it just me or do the pics of Sideswipe make his face look like Gonzo from the Muppets? Is the face actually that bad when you own the figure or is it just bad pics? Should I still consider getting this figure eventually?

Sideswipe's face is different, but it's not as bad as you're seeing it. I didn't really notice a nose problem at all. I think you're just looking at bad pics. I would definitely get this figure, if I were you. I have it, and I think he looks bad ass, even better than his brother.

Bonus Question: Should I submit this as a letter to Toyfare just to see what kind of funny/sarcastic answers I'll get?

Sure, why not.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

1)More just you. But they did design a toy that has a box for an alt mode and uses most of that box for his robot mode. The original had a box for an alt mode and 50% detached into a battle sled.

2)The mountain the ark crashed into was in Oregon.

3)Firstly the only reason Hasbro decided to produce a universe voyager class was to get out cybertron redcos that never happened. They went into universe with the idea of only making new figures in deluxe, ultra, and legends. Easily repaintable too. Course plans change, we got Inferno in voyager (he could have easily started out as an ultra). But ultimately they decided on making 3 new ultra molds. And then they decided to make two of them combiner leaders, and the third a minibot upgrade. All of these are strikes against Galvatron. There aren't many cons in the deluxe scale, he's not easily repaintable, we're not making new voyagers right now. And I'm glad he's a deluxe too. Him being small expalins why he's so angry at the universe/nuts.

4)He really doesn't look like Gonzo.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:

Personally I think most of the Classics 2.0 toys are a blend of cartoony and realistic taking several nods from Movie line engineering, whereas the original Classics line took it's lead from the Cybertron toyline thus looking a little more cartoony.

Already been answered. "Mt. St. Hillary" was the name of the fictional mountain the Ark crashed into which was located in Oregon

Already answered as well. It's a cheap excuse just like "No character in Animated can be in Universe at the same time".

Doesn't even remotely look like Gonzo. It's a great figure.