A Couple Of Questions About TFA Episode "Predacons Rising" WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 12, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I had a couple of questions about "Predacons Rising":

Do you think the Dinobots died in that huge explosion? They were incapacitated by the jet twins and couldn't get up and run away.

Does anyone else feel sorry for Waspinator? First, He was wrongfully thrown into jail and then was used and turned into a freak by Blackarachnia.

How crazy-tough are the Jet Twins? first, they took out a Starscream clone by themselves (Ramjet a couple of episodes ago.) Then, they single-handedly took out the Dinobots.

Thanks for posting!!

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That would suck if they're dead, because that means they got killed off screen. :thumbdown 
    My theory is they either got blown clear of the blast, (Somehow) or got transwarped along with BA and Wasper.(Though that's actually just as bad as getting killed, if not worse, cause will never know for sure.)

Not really.
    Though I feel sorry that we won't get to see him anymore. His roll seems a bit short lived. imo

We'll it does make sense, since they were created useing technology taken from Starscream.
    But it does feel odd to see them taken out so easily by those two.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Can I just say that I'm so happy your thread didn't include speculation that somehow we were getting Animated Maximals?

Thank you thank you thank you.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Amen:banghead: 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That reminds me, I need to make a thread asking if there is goign to be a T-rex, unrealistic raptor, tarantula, pteradon and scorpion that will turn out to be Predacons that find BA and Waspinator and have aminal fights...

It's all outlined in my fanfic.

6. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt the Dinobots are dead, mainly because it isn't pointed out that they are. If they do die, and this goes for any character, then it will probably be obvious that they're gone.

I did feel sorry for Waspinator at first, but his stubbornness to listen to reason, even when he was exonerated, pretty put him into that situation.

The twins are definitely powerful. They were able to take out a holographic, but equal-strength, Starscream (in the comic) and Ramjet by themselves, so I'm not surprised that they were able to take out the Dinobots, especially when they evened the playing field by taking out Snarl early. I'm not sure about Megatron, but they could probably take out any Decepticon if they worked together.

8. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

i have worries for Dinobots as well. Hope they're online, but unfortunetly they could be transwarped with BA and Waspy instead. There should be explanation, but there wasn't any bout Constructicons so dunno. PLOT HOLES i want to be filled in season 4, still crossing fingers for it :p  maybe i'm a dreamer but f it

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    The Dinobots could also be at the bottom of the lagoon, or buried. Its not surprising they were defeated - raw power doesn't make up for lack of fight training, something which the twins have had in spades. Most likely including repeated scenarios where they were outnumbered. They fought smart is all, taking out one with their first salvo, then separating the remaining two and staying out of their reaches until they could get good hits in.

Hopefully this time Op had the compassion to take care of the Dinobots this time if they were found. Yeahhhh...I know, not likely.

And no, don't really feel sorry for Waspinator...he decided to bite the hands that were being nice. Granted, he HAS been repeatedly betrayed, so I can understand it, but he did make that final choice on his own.

--Moony

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Plus it's stated in the comic that came with the twins that one of the sideeffects of the Decepticon flight modification might be increased strength. The training in the same comic was pretty consistent with this, they'd fairly powerful Autobots. Though I'd not rate their chances against any of the major Decepticons like Megatron or the original Starscream.

11. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think the Dinobots died in that huge explosion? They were incapacitated by the jet twins and couldn't get up and run away.
    -I was most diapointed by the Dinobot's role in this episode. If they are in fact dead, or never seen again, I will be one angry fan. Though, I do that because they were laying down and stuff, they were kinda protected from the blast. I will expand on this rant answering your third question, btw.

Does anyone else feel sorry for Waspinator? First, He was wrongfully thrown into jail and then was used and turned into a freak by Blackarachnia.
    -I feel so sorry for him (Wasp. Not Waspinator). At the begining of this episode, he suddenly became cuter than BumbleBee and I really felt for him, but as soon as he became Waspinator, he was gone. Whatever...well..."humanity" he had before was completely gone. Wasp is basically dead now. I thought that since he was kind of a big deal for like the entire first half of Season 3 that he would show up again and redeem himself like in the final battle. That may still happen, but there is even less of a chance now. At least that is what I think...and it makes me very sad. Though you have to give this show credit. They didn't tie up this bot's life with a nice little bow. They kinda showed that slag happens to good bots, which is a mature theme. I would prefer poor Wasp to suffer, simply for the sake of the tone of the show. But that is just me.

How crazy-tough are the Jet Twins? first, they took out a Starscream clone by themselves (Ramjet a couple of episodes ago.) Then, they single-handedly took out the Dinobots.
    -Okay. Let me just say this: the Dinobots were too distracted thinking about the hottness of BA to fight to their fullest potential. I can't beleive that the Jet Twins beat them. I simply cannot. Okay, they could have beaten Swoop and Snarl...but Grimlock wasn't defeated, he was just knocked over. If the fighting had continued, Grimlock would have gotten up and eaten Safeguard whole. Because if Starscream can take out Ultra Magnus, and the Jet Twins can take out Starscream...then slag, yo! They do seem to be implying that the Jet Twins could take out Megatron, but it WILL NEVER HAPPEN! Because that would be too easy. We have to have struggles and characters dying left and right trying to kill Megatron. The twins have no point. They are just there for no reason other than toy sales. If you are going to make a bot strong enough to defeat Megatron, then have them do it! Why would they send the twins to go after Wasp? That job has to have required the least skilled Elite Guardsmen! The twins should have stayed on Cybertron and...I don't know...uh...protect Ultra Magnus?! Here's to hoping that the movie twins are a bit less useless.

Rant over. I love the twin's characters...but they really do have no point. All they exsist to do is combine and be funny. That's it. GAHHHH!

Sooooooo.....

How about those Maximals at the end? Show of hands, who is excited for Season 4's "Maximals Rising?" Ha ha ha :wink:  Sorry Kickback. Couldn't resist. Tee hee.

12. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Wholeheartedly agree.

13. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Gah, I hope the Dinobots are okay. You don't even see them after the explosion, so we can only hope they managed to move in the time before they transwarped.

Of course I feel bad for him! And then he got blown up. xD

And HELLZ YES the twins are crazy tough. I read this on the wiki... here let me get the quote...

Assuming that, as his toy-package bio fancifully states, Grimlock is as strong as Megatron, Jetfire and Jetstorm are (collectively, at least) even stronger than that, as they took down ALL of the Dinobots with ease in the episode "Predacons Rising".

14. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Well remember in the comic when Perceptor and Wheeljack were talking about the side effects? Maybe this is something new-like they're 'experiencing increased strength'. I dunno, we'll have to see what happens next.

Here's to hoping the next side effect is 'an overwhelming urge to destroy every Autobot in sight.' ;3

15. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the twins rock!!!! they are in the post. should be getting them myself soon. russian accents for the win!!!!!

"Is ok. we know who are you" "brother, let us make tag team"

lol

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Wouldn't worry about the Dinobots too much. Pretty much any character that disappears into thin air through explosions or what else can be brought back. It's just that Animated ends after this season, so we will never know!

An example: they never explained what happened to Starscream after the pilot episode, where it seemed he was obliterated by the Allspark (but is found in stasis in a forest by Professor Princess later on, according to the comic).

If they were to bring back the Dinobots I'm very positive they'd just appear again without an explanation.