A couple of questions about DOTM Shockwave and Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by geneticfusion, May 20, 2011.

1. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Well-Known Member

So, I recently found those 2 today, and I'm LOVING them, but a couple problems arise.

1. Shockwave's right arm holding his cannon is really loose. The cannon will just...pull his arm down, hardly poseable. Should I find another one and return him or are most like that?

2. Sentinel Prime is awesome in Robot mode, except his shield. The peg to plus into his hand is really loose for me for some reason. Are all of them like that..or most of them? Also, I've tried for like....a half an hour to try to convert him into truck mode, but the final step when it comes to plugging the panels near the windshield just won't...freaking....STAY!

Really I'm just debating on returning them or not or if theres something I'm missing for Sentinel Prime. Shockwave was horrendously rare for me to find, I got the last one at Wal-Mart today.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    For Shockwave you can try tightening the screws or using superglue. It's also quite possible the hose is part of the problem, it really hurts his posing options.

3. geneticfusion

Actually, his hose is keeping his arm up in the pose I have him in now, haha.

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    My advice is to keep Shockwave since he is hard to find at the moment. A lot of people have said that Sentinel Prime is hard to transform, so its up to you if you want to return him. However, you might be able to fix the shield problem by wrapping a thin strip of tape around the handle.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

For Sentinel, watch some video reviews (Optibotimus's is the best for this) and read the instructions, and study both carefully. It takes a while and some effort, but Sentinel's transformation is not impossible.

As for Shockwave, I'd say return him if you can find another one. If not, tighten some screws or strengthen the joint with superglue, whichever works best.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I had the same problem with Shockwave. Easy fix with superglue, insanely easy. It's such a minor issue that it's not worth the trouble of returning the figure. Just use a toothpick or crappy jeweler's screwdriver to paint the insides, including the bottom, of the disc swivel joint, after removing the arm, of course. For the outward shoulder joint, you can just put one or two drops into the joint and keep moving it.

For Sentinel, I just use one of the off-center Mechtech pegs. Much more solid and it looks just as good as holding it off to the side. I would otherwise recommend beefing up the handle with superglue.

7. geneticfusion

Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to check out Optibotimus' video review for Sentinel Prime.

And for Shockwave it's the Shoulder Joint that's messing him up, elbow is perfectly fine. Should I still take it his arm off to fix him?

And yea, I'm using the Mechtech ports for Prime's shield at the moment.

8. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    For Shockwave, you can just tighten the screw on his arm. My Shocky's arm isn't loose, I think that's just a QC error. I don't have Sentinel Prime, so I can't help you there, sadly.

9. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It took me about 1.5 hours to transform SP. :banghead:  I tend not to look at instructions before hand to try and figure it out. You Tube is your friend :thumb . Needless to say he is staying in vehicle mode FOREVER!! May SP :rip .

10. geneticfusion

I just put him back to Robot Mode, I got frustrated and REALLY wanted to open Shockwave since he was nowhere to be seen except that one that I found.

11. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I love how Sentinel Prime looks in both modes, but he's just a bitch otherwise. I gave up on trying to transform him the first time (I got him almost all the way done, but his panels wouldn't close up) so I put him back in robot mode and have been too lazy to give it another go since then.

My shield is loose, too. I think it's that way for most people.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime is not hard to transform, and there are some small steps not well knows.

For instance, the reason why the back wheel flips around to the back of the calf is because there's a panel from the side of the truck that flips out and tabs in where the wheel used to be. This makes his legs far more sturdy in robot mode.

For second, there is a hinge above his feet that lengthens his shins a small amount. If the feet are not lining up as they should in alt mode, it is because this hinge is in the wrong position. Rotate it down.

For three, on his forearms, the black tab should be facing out, toward the side panels that will be covering them up. The back of the fists should also be facing out.

For four, the top of his shoulders should be facing outward when transforming him into alt mode. This will allow the side panels to plug into the mechtech port on the top of the shoulders and into the side.

For five, the abdomen piece that attaches to the lower part of his chest windows, the two hinged pieces on that fit inside his front wheels.

For six, his chest windows in robot mode are locked into place by his front wheels. When positioning them, make sure the tab on the lower part matches with a groove on the hinge holding the front wheels.

For seven, if you're having trouble getting his windshield in and out, look at where it's hinged. Its mounting is also on a hinge. Don't force it, move the upper hinge.

For eight, his shoulders tab into the back of his top chest piece for alt mode the same way they tab into the side of his top chest piece for robot mode.

This guy's not complex, the only hard thing is that you need to slightly bend a couple pieces to get his legs in and out of position. It's kind of scary at first, but he's a durable figure.

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Wow, I never noticed that. Really fills out the legs nicely, as well.

14. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I havent had any problems with my shocky. No losse joints or any of that I just love him.

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Sp is almost as hard to transform as ROTF Prime the first time but gets easier really quick as for the sheild he has mechtech ports on his arm and the sheild as mechtech pegs. I just use those instead of the handle and peg it to the side of his arm. Stays in place and still looks good.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime is a motherfu(-er to transform. So many panels that need precise precision to fit in place right...
    It's worth the effort though, cuz baby, dat alt mode is finneeee. Check out OptiBotimus' review. That was my saving grace.

17. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    This. The shield really doesn't like his hand. The peg-in-forearm trick makes it a little harder to get in the real good poses. But a bit of sturdiness far outweighs that.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

That's the first I've heard of it and sounds like a QC issue. Mine isn't like that, nor are most of those in the feedback forum.