A couple of q's for you Botcon vets

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Prime's Pappa, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

Since botcon is in Orlando this year I am going since I live in Tampa but I am only going to travel out one day and I belive its 2 or 3 days long so I was wondering which day is the best to go. I want to get stuff before its all gone so i figured Saturday since I will be working on friday but not sure if that is the best thought process...I was also wondering if they usually sell customs as I really love some of the ATF's on Ebay and have purchased a few... Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

2. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

they don't say "the early bird gets the worm" for nothing

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you attend on Saturday you should also be able to catch the upcoming products panel. You've probably followed the coverage online here or elsewhere in previous years but let me tell you now, the atmosphere in the hall is incredible. It's worth going along for that.

4. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

If you're only going for one day then it really depends on which panels and guests you want to see as they are pretty evenly spread between Saturday and Sunday for general admission attendees.

5. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    it all depends on a few things. U trying to meet up with members off here. What type of "Stuff are u trying to get? do u want to hit any panels or meet any of the vip guest. If it just to hit the dealers floor. saturday and sunday both have good and bads about each day. saturday normally is the busyer day, and 1st day dealer floor is open to general addmission, but not to selling. Do to the fact that the floor is packed u may not be able to see everything that each dealer has for sale, or forget where u saw something at,

then u got sunday. not as busy as saturday. easier to walk around and look at waht each dealer has for sale, but with it being the last day of the con. u may not be able to find everything your looking for or if a dealer has what your looking for it could be cause they are asking way to much for it. last dealers are more likely to give u a better deal if you buy alot of them.

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you can only go for one day, then Saturday is it, but get there EARLY. If you are doing walk-in get there earlier than early.

As far as buying customs, I don't think it likely. Unless you comissioned something and meet with the artist there I think that your odds of just buying a custom from the art contest are slim to none unless you have a bag of cash to persuade them.

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll echo that it depends on what you're wanting to buy. If you want Con-exclusives, Sat is better, as by late Sat or Sunday one or more of the packs are usually sold out. Also, the dealers would have the most stock on Saturday.

Flipside is that Sunday, a lot of dealers will have done some reductions on what stock they have left. And as others said - it's not quite as busy.

For autographs, Sat IMO is better. While there are some that do sigs both days (as well as Fri), there are some that don't do Sunday because of other committments.