A couple of Optimus Prime questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Dec 23, 2006.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

In the G1 Cartoon when Orion Pax was damaged by Megatron, Alpha trion repaird him and gave him the Matrix of Leadership. My question was this a Matrix induced reformat like Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime or was it just a rebuld by Alpha Trion

The second question, is there any evedence that Optimus Prime could have used Ultra Magnus' trailer for a super mode in a pinch? We know that with the toys the molds were identical so we could do that with the toys.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Looked like just a rebuild, plus Optimus Prime doesn't change back into something else when not having the Matrix.

2. I suppose Optimus could use the Magnus armor, but he never seemed to need it. :D 

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    1. There isn't even evidence that Alpha Trion had selected Optimus Prime to receive the Matrix at that point anyway. At the time, as far as he knew, it was just someone that was brought in because he was badly damaged, your average Autobot that loaded trucks, not battled Decepticons. No way to know he would be such a great leader later on.

2. Considering this is cartoon continuity, the armor technically didn't exist. Looking at Magnus's guys when he was blown up in the movie, there was no evidence of a white robot inside him, indicating his form wasn't armor. It was his body in the cartoon, so the armor the toy and later comics showed it to be didn't exist there.

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Though of course, in DreamWave's continuity, it was revealed that the normal Ultra Magnus appearance WAS in fact body armour, over a Prime-clone body... which certainly sent waves through the fan community.

I thought it was a neat twist (which of course has now left us with the legacy of white Optimus "Magnus" repaints... sigh), but it certainly raised a lot of questions... questions that Simon Furman still hasn't addressed since starting over at IDW.

I wonder if he's using the same idea for this continuity? I hope so... I still want to know where he was going with that, and what the true connection between UM and OP is! :) 

zmog

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I always thought that Orion was already worthy of the Matrix before he was damaged. Alpha Trion did say he detected a strong spirit within Orion when he first examined him. A series of coincidences.