A couple of Binaltech/Alternators questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Connor, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Connor

Connor Predicon

I don't keep up on my Transformers news as much as I should, so I was wondering if some of you could help me out with a few questions.

Is there a head from a recent figure that looks like Ironhide so I could make a custom from Alternator Prime?

I like to buy two of each figure (one binaltech / one alternator), so I was wondering if there are plans for a Binaltech Rollbar or Camshaft?

And are there plans for Alternators Red Alert or Broadblast?

I'll get two Alternators or two Binaltech of one character if I have to, and was just wondering if I should/ have to. Damn Hasbro and Tomy getting on different pages. :thumbdown 

Thanks for any help.

2. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

I beleive Skids should be a close match to the mold you wanf for Ironhide's head.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, Skids has a head that can pass for Ironhide...
    Binal Tech is pretty much officially dead... Kissplay is the new direction they're going and there is no word on Rollbar or Camshaft, meaning it is HIGHLY unlikely they will see the light of day in diecast...
    No... Alternators are taking a hiatus after Camshaft... Maybe they'll come out later, but as of right now, no...
    I get both lines... But I don't get two of one character if they're not released on the other line... With the exception of the Smokescreen variants for BT, yellow Tracks, red Meister, etc...

4. Connor

Connor Predicon

Is that Alternator Skids?

Well the line had a good run.

Is this because of the Movie line?

I like to get two of each character that were in the G1 cartoon So I skip people like Ricochet and Nemisis Prime, as well as color variants like yellow Tracks.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yes... Althought BT Skids would work too... Or BT* Broadblast...
    Apparently... Hasbro mentioned at SDCC, I believe, that they're halting Alternators to concentrate on the movie and everything associated with the movie... They distinctly mentioned that Camshaft would be the final ALT this year... Which leaves us wondering when Rumble is gonna come out...

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Partially. Alterntors are going on hold for the moment. There will be two new toys in the first few months of next year, then that's it until later on in the year.

The next new mold is Rumble.

Binaltech is all but dead.

The Japanese equivalent of Alt Prime is still plastic, has better paint apps, comes with an anime figure, a 'surfsword' and a CD........

.. and it costs more than a normal Binaltech would.

7. Connor

Connor Predicon

Thanks for the help! One last question, I got alt. Prime and Camshaft, when did Mirage come out, and is he still out? No BT Mirage either?

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Mirage came out after OP and before Camshaft... But people are snatching him up everywhere, including those trying to make a profit... And the closest to a BT Mirage would probably be Kissplay Rodimus at this point... But since Kissplay is all plastic, the chance of a diecast Mirage are pretty non-existent...

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    edited because Razerwire is a faster typer than me.

10. Connor

Connor Predicon

I thought I read on this site that Kiss Prime will be diecast, but the proto shown was all plastic. Has it since been comfirmed with people who own it that it is in fact all plastic after all? If that's the case $70 for an Alt with a dumb little chick figure?

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    It's been confirmed by Fan2Fan that's it's all plastic...

12. Connor

Connor Predicon

Well then I guess I should open the extra alt Prime I just bought today. Thanks alot everyone.

13. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

yep, pretty much.....you must also add the "millions of dollars" for shipping.:throw