A Couple Hasbro-Related Questions...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jru42287, Jun 16, 2012.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    Alright, I know this is a Transformers message board, but I know there's many of us here who cross collect other lines, so I don't think should necessarily be verboten to ask. If there's a problem, or if I've posted this in the wrong forum (Is there one for this?), I apologize.

So, I recently picked up all six of the Walmart exclusive 6" Avengers figures. I haven't opened any of them yet, because I was waiting to see if Hasbro would actually release a Black Widow. It seems awfully silly for them to not only make it impossible to recreate the most iconic scene from the film, but also to not give a major character a figure.

So, I what I want to know is, has there been any rumors of us eventually getting Black Widow? I thought someone told me she would be in later waves, but I've seen no confirmation of this. I would think they'd even re-release Nick Fury too while they're at it.

Next question:

I recently picked up a 6" War Machine to go with the Avengers for the hell of it, and found that the store also had the 6" Iron Man Mark VI:

[​IMG]

Am I correct in assuming this is almost identical to the Walmart exclusive Iron Man released alongside War Machine when IM2 came out, except for the addition of a firing missile?

And if any of you own both, which version of the Mark VI is better? This one, or the Avengers one?

Thanks guys.

2. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

This need to go in one of the Non-TF discussing forums. Dont worry, the mods will get that for u.

As for Black widow, they do need to release one b/c she was part of the Avengers.

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's exactly identical. The Iron Man: Armored Avengers Mk. VI and War Machine are straight repacks of the Walmart 6" exclusives.

4. jru42287

News Credits:
    Yeah, they were pretty quick about it. I didn't even know there was a non-TF part of this website haha.

I figured as much. War Machine looks awesome. Dunno which version of IM to go with though.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Only difference is WM version has battle damage paint and the other has all those snazzy hands.

I think it's a safe that we'll see Black Widow at some point. even if it's in a two pack with release Nick Fury or in a future Marvel Legends wave. Would be nice to get a second wave of movie series though.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Just so you know, the Mark VI released in the Iron Man 2 packaging is NOT EXACTLY identical to the Mark VI released in the Armored Avenger packaging.

It's very minor, but the Iron Man 2 version is missing the gold paint applications right below the shoulders and above the chest plate. Minor...but it might at least sway you to get the Armored Avenger version. I always meant to return my Iron Man 2 version for the newer one...yes, I am that petty.

The Avengers one is nice, especially with the added battle damage...but I keep passing on it. I guess I like displaying my armors in pristine condition.

7. jru42287

News Credits:
    The Armored Avenger version is actually the one I'd get anyway. I'm not sure. I like that the Avengers one has the battle damage, but then I don't because none of the other figures do. I can't decide which I'd rather have. And then, the other version does come with the snazzy hands...

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recently got a 6" Iron Man Mk. VI from the Armored Avenger line at a TRU. It's the only place that's still got them. I was looking for a 6" War Machine, but they didn't have one. Does anyone know if War Machine's going to be repacked in a later wave of the current 6" line? I'd really rather not pay the high prices he goes for on eBay and Amazon, but I really want one.

The interchangeable hands are awesome. I don't like the battle damage, but even if I did, I'd probably prefer the Armored Avenger version just for the hands.

9. jru42287

News Credits:
    TRU is actually where I got my War Machine recently. Only one left on the pegs. They still had a Mark VI last I checked, but I'm still on the fence.