Minor/Repaint: A couple Cybertron/Energon WIPs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kissmekillme, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Well-Known Member

Articulated a Leobreaker with some balljoints and repainting it a bit, mostly just replacing the green bits with chrome silver and some work on the face. Still has a little bit of cleaning up to do and paint to finish, but it's almost done. Gotta hit the balljoints with some clear nailpolish too to stiffen them up a bit, but they hold pretty well as is.

Other project is still really early, an Energon Battle Ravage converted to a pseudo-Agenda Ravage. More what that Ravage would look like Energon/Cybertron style. Reversed the shoulders and modified the transformation a bit, cut down and filed the gun on BR's head, twin pistols from RiD Hightowers. Going to fill the chest gap and then repaint, may replace the head with Alternator's Ravage's but I kinda want to keep the Energon aesthetic intact.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Very, very interesting work on Leobreaker. Are those Lego balljoints? If so, how did you attach them to the arms and body?

3. kissmekillme

Those are indeed Lego Bionicle balljoints. For the legs, I disassembled them and removed the ratchet assembly from the leg itself. This left a big gap on the inside that I had to lengthen just a little bit to get a Bionicle socket to fit in, and just glued it in there with some Devcon Plastic Weld. I cut down a ball from one of the Bionicle limbs and left a bit of flat area on the end of the little axle piece for surface the glue could adhere to. Removing the ratchet joint from the pelvis assembly leaves a circular hole in the pelvis. I filled that, sanded it smooth, and then glued the ball to it by the flat portion I left.

For the shoulders, once I disassembled everything I cut the post the original arm joint attached to off the main torso and glued a Bionicle ball directly to where it was. I then filled the hole in the shoulder assembly, filed, and glued a filed down Bionicle socket to it.

Some people may not like the look of the sockets and balls protruding like they do, but I wanted them to a little bit. I hated the way Leobreaker's arms looked bending outward and not being able to clear the hips, so I wanted to push them out a little bit.

4. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i like it he actually looks good in robot mode. is ravage going to be the one from bw?

5. kissmekillme

Ravage is indeed going to be the one from Beast Wars, but with an Energon/Cybertron aesthetic. Kinda like the BW10th Primal and Megs.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice modifications!:thumb