A Constructicon theory.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Jun 23, 2009.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Okay, Im guessing this has been stated before. Anyway, on to my theory.

First, the rampage we currently have has a toy isnt Rampage. It's just a bot sharing his body(drone) and was given his name for the sake of relating the toy to the movie. The rampage in the movie stayed in jackhammer mode I believe.

Okay, I believe that there are multiple constructions for each limb of Devastator,maybe any protoform can become part of Devastator? We saw constructions during the battle in the desert, at least long haul, while Devastator was combined.

One more thing, did they ever say his name? I dont remember it, and it's obvious why. Because of Micheal Bay naming brawl Devastator, they didnt say it as not to confuse people who were ONLY fans of the movie, not toys, previous continuities, etc.

2. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't it comfirmed at botcon or something that there were about 15 constructicons, and Devastator could be made from whoever was around?

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^ Yes.

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Maybe there are 2 Constructicons with the same name Rampage. Maybe yellow Rampage is Mr. Rampage Orci and red Rampage is Mr. Rampage Kurtzman.

It is also possible that there are Constructicons who like to combine, and there are also Constructicons like Demolishor who prefer to be free agents rather than be a gorilla.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Devastator is a robot that can separate into seven different vehicles, some of which were copied by smaller colleagues.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I like the idea of naming the Yellow Rampage Mr. Rampage!!

7. iamamachine

News Credits:
    Chinese use colors as last names. My mother's last name is really Yellow. There are also Americans who use colors as last names. It is possible for Constructicons to use colors as either last names or first names for example : Mr. Rampage Yellow.

8. MackemusPrime

MackemusPrime Well-Known Member

Wow, some really good information here. I wonder this during the film and I was actually thinking that maybe the Constructicons who transformed into Devastator could only make that transformation....like the toy.

Maybe I missed something but I just figured that given the toy news (LOL) and also that they parked up next to the Twins, Simmons,etc...and then made that move.

9. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, this is not correct, starscream names him - 'rampage, spring the trap' or something like that

10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I strongly suspect that this will be the way the movie depicts things.

11. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

No, I said DEVASTATOR was not named. The combiner.

12. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just saw the movie so SPOILERS.

There are multiple versions of each Constructicon! For example, there is a Longhaul in a pit that forms Devastator's leg, while Devastator is formed and walking around there is another Longhaul that is fighting in robot mode in the ruins. The Constructicons seem to be similar to the drones in the game, there are lots of each one.

13. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    plus there was a mixmaster that went into that wierd artillery mode and fired at some tanks and soldiers during the big battle...

14. Antz

Antz Wrecker

News Credits:
    My theory is pretty similar, in that I figured that since Devestator is supposed to be this Decepticon super weapon, they probably don't want to put all their eggs in one basket by having him formed by ONLY these 6 or 7 bots. So they create multiples of each component save maybe one or two leaders (High Tower? Whoever we didn't see in bot mode maybe?) so in case Rampage gets slagged at some random battle, the Decepticons aren't down a weapon of mass destruction.

That's how I see it anyway.

15. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

There was no jackhammer mode in the movie; Rampage's bot mode is meant to look like a jackhammer/snake combo. The toy is just wildly inaccurate.

I doubt that. I think there was just two copies of each Constructicon.

Also, there was more than seven vehicle types, too. The one killed in the Laurentian Abyss was an unnamed small yellow excavator. I'm fairly certain another one of those formed Devy's left hand. You could see Hightower connect as Devy's arm, and then the arm picked up a smaller yellow vehicle to form the hand...

16. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

megatron calls out devestators name, megatron is off camera and is sort of yelling when he says it so its pretty easy to miss

17. iamamachine

News Credits:
    I remember seeing a yellow Rampage robot with the whips made up of tracks who was also looking for Sam.

During the forming of Devastator, I saw 2 Scrappers (one formed the left hand) and 2 Long Hauls, 1 Scavenger, 1 Mixmaster, 1 Overload, etc. I saw only 1 Hightower and 1 Rampage. They don't show how the lower torso and legs were formed. The movie Devastator seems to be made from 9-11 vehicles, maybe 2 vehicles per limb.

18. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Actually before he gets up during a shot from the side you can see a longhaul unfolding to form one leg IIRC.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Not gonna lie, I actually thought someone in the theatre yelled out "Devastator!" when I heard it :D .

I do like the idea of Devastator being a Decepticon WMD, so they've got backups in case one falls. I just think they needed a bit more to explain it away than having the audience accept there are two+ of each Constructicon.

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think it's just multiple bots scanning the same vehicle. Which would explain Blackout/Grindor. And yes, Megatron calls out "Devastator".