A Completionist Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ganjibal Vendef, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Ganjibal Vendef

Ganjibal Vendef Well-Known Member

Hello I am wondering if RTS is a stand alone sub-line like Generations or Powercore Combiners.

Or is it a Direct Continuation for HFTD? Personally I havn't really bothered with HFTD so if it is, I might have alot of buying ahead of me.

Allthough it seems that none of the HFTD figures or exclusives are all that rare.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

HFTD and RTS both have the yellow boxes and are technically the main line figures right now. That said RTS is going to have more classics styled figures even compared to HTFD.

3. Ganjibal Vendef

But I don't think HFTD had any classics styled figures. Banzaitron and Seapsray still had the bayformer look.

It also looks like HFTD releases are planned even though Generations and RTS are even out

4. havanowoncheese

The upcoming releases are still labeled as RTS like lugnut. The important thing is that yellow packaging is main line right now whether RTS or HTFD.

5. Ganjibal Vendef

So RTS and HFTD are still two seperate lines though? It's just RTS is now the main line and essentialy a fresh start.

It's not like Nest Global Alliance and how it was just a continuation of ROTF, yes?

6. havanowoncheese

RTS is a continuation of sorts... Some of the figures from RTS are still in movie figures like mindset as a repaint of hailstorm and Fallback being a repaint of Brawn from the nest line. Lugnut is also a figure that is between the movie and classics look like we saw with Bludgeon/Banazaitron and Seaspray. The best way to look at it is the yellow packaging is the main line and so far it has had the sublines of HFTD and RTS.

7. Ganjibal Vendef

So it's not an absolute direct connection? like Battle for The Spark, Transmetals, Primus Unleashed or what not.

It's just a new line that re-uses some molds from recent previous from the former main line and brings in the generations line into a single line, yes?

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    No, I'd still say that RTS is to HFTD as NGA was to ROTF, as they've got the same packaging styles.

BTW, you're the first poster I've seen that registered this year. Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they're both different promotions in the same line, if you are strictly going after classics figures, check which ones are in united in japan, those are the classics/generations line figures

10. Ganjibal Vendef

So RTS is just United under a different name?

11. havanowoncheese

No. United is covers some of RTS and generations. Like i said the best way to put it is any figure packaged in yellow box or a yellow card is main line whether RTS or HTFD. RTS is both classics and movie figures.

12. Ganjibal Vendef

So if I were to go for a complete line of RTS would HFTD fall into having a complete set of RTS?

13. havanowoncheese

Honestly no. They are both sublines of the main transformers line and i dont see any need to complete HTFD and RTS if you only want RTS.

14. Ganjibal Vendef

I'm just really looking to finish off Classics style lines

Like I have all of the Classics and Universe 2.0, Generations main lines

I know that Fallback and Mindset are movie style repaints for Classic characters so they would fit in with the others in a similar fashion like Universe 2.0 did. I just wasn't sure if HFTD would now suddenly become associated with Classics.

Because I read that HFTD has a ton of exclusive and they're all probably a pain to get now and hard tot rack down.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what i meant was, figures that are meant to be in a classics style are being released under united in japan, so if you are unsure, see what they are releasing there, like lugnut and grapple for example

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Hasbro seems to have abandoned any effort to subdivide the toy lines in any logical way. Generations was Classics 3 + War for Cybertron and HFTD was a continuation of the ROTF stuff, but RTS is both ROTF and Classics.

17. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

HFTD was a promotion in the yellow box line, RTS is too.

18. Ganjibal Vendef

so if you want all of the HFTD you need to have all of RTS and vice-versa?

19. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Well, no, because HFTD stopped being HFTD at the beginning of RTS.

20. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The best way to look at it would be the HFTD/RTS Lines as the "Transformers Line". One main line of toys that carried on after ROTF ended, and more than likely lead into Movie 3. If you really want to go as far as to say ROTF has led to RTS, you could likely make that connection.

Generations is its own thing, but really now we're getting to the point where they're using the Main line to put out more Classics figures. This way they can have as many toys on the shelf at any given time, without having the retailers complain about having Wave 10 of Hunt for the Decepticons merchandise.

And as far as "What is considered Classics", that can be varying, because I consider many of what would be call Movie-Verse figures (Lugnut, Lockdown, Mindwipe and Bludgeon for instance) to be in my classics shelves.