A collaboration thread- Transformers: Anthologies

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Spoon, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Howdy doody everybody.
    I hope this is okay, after reading the Out of The Dead Land thread, it seems to be...

Basically, my idea goes like this:

Lots of people out there want to write something serious, but don't want to have to write a fully-fledged story, or are already engaged in one and don't have the freedom to. Other people might just like little character moments. I want this to be a project with which people might indulge a little. And yes, I know all about Mosaic, and I love it. But this for the people who are in the Funnies forum, and don't want to have to wait around for someone to illustrate their story; you are the writer and illustrator. It would also be possible to do collaborative projects with someone else if your Gimp skills need some work.

The premise for submitting stories would go along the lines of PM-ing me, or one of two volunteers(WINK WINK! NUDGE NUDGE!), and once we have approved the story(checked for spelling errors, and made sure the story makes sense), we will post it in the thread, with the creator/s credited, obviously.

So...thoughts anyone?

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Sounds good. I'll submit one for fun. :) 

3. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

That is a good idea in itself :) 

4. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Ooooooooooo sounds exciting :D 

You've got my vote :thumb 

5. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I might give it a shot. It's been ages since I made a serious story.

6. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevermind, I can read. :) 

7. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

:jawdropper:  *runs to get figures* Making one as we speak!

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Interesting. I might consider it if the plot bunny strikes.

9. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

Nice idea!

10. Zherbus

News Credits:
    So how would this be any different than what half of the people do anyway? It would just be posting their strip in a different place than their own thread.

If we had a true collaboration, we could undergo revisions and help each other out to present a much better final product. Those with better writing can help clean up flow and those with better graphical skills can help clean up the imagery.

We could then take the fruits of that collaboration and show it off like the Mosaics and advertise it as... whatever you want to call us. Funnies forum people? People of the lawl? I don't know, but they might come visit us more often.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    sounds good to me!

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

It would be a chance for people to write a one-off 'serious' comic that has nothing to do with their current strip. Like I said, it would be an indulgence.
    Well, that's partly the role of the TWO VOLUNTEERS and myself, we would recieve the strip, proof-read it and check the story and effects. If it needs fixing up, we send it back with notes for revision.

If people wanted to, they could collaborate with someone else to make a strip, if they felt their effects skills weren't up to form, or if they wanted help with a script.

Just a reminder, this isn't the thread for the strip, this is a thread where we work it all out.

Thanks for the support everyone!

13. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Did you have a set length in mind? I know the Mosaic project is restricted to single pages, but did you have something similar in mind? Or is the length unrestricted?

I'd be interested in participating. I have other ideas besides my ongoing Beast Machines comic, and it would be interesting to try some different visual styles in a shorter comic. Count me in.

14. Zherbus

News Credits:
    For the record, I'd love to participate. I like the idea of trying out different methods.

So then there would be controls. Good! A random person can't just do the same style/theme that their main comic would be, right? I can see how that could be arguable if they aren't using the main plot. But most funnies don't have a real cohesive theme.

I'm not trying to be an ass or a naysayer, I'm really just interested in the details and structure. I really think this could be pulled off nicely.

15. Spoon

Spoon Banned

It would give you an opportunity to do some Animated one-offs without clogging up your thread...:D 
    Don't worry, everything you say is being taken on-board. It gives an opportunity to explain everything. Thanks for the support!
    Thanks for reminding me, the limit is 7 panels. I say panels, because I know not everyone is privy to comic making programs. If you are using a comic program, the limit is a page.

This might seem a bit restrictive, but if you are eager to produce a 'sequel'
    to one of your previous works, then that is fine, so long as the sequel works as a standalone story.

Anyhoo, would anyone like to volunteer as one of the editors/moderators?

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Question... if I submit an idea for a photo-comic, would anybody be willing to make the actual comic itself and just credit me for the story?

17. Spoon

Spoon Banned

That's partially the idea for this.
    If you have an idea and lack the resources, you can collaborate with someone else to make it.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, good... I'm starting to develop an idea for one, but I totally lack skills in GIMP. I only have limited skills in Photoshop.

I'll be sure to contact you guys with the story once I get it developed.

19. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I just thought of something- what if the other people making this don't have the same figures? Won't that weaken our ability to carry out a story, short or not?

20. Spoon

Spoon Banned

No, because the stories are just one-offs, they won't follow a shared storyline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.