A closer look at Attacktix Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 4, 2006.

1. webhead817

webhead817 Bot Shots Game Developer

What's up folks? I had the previews for all of the new Star Wars figs on my site about a month ago, and my buddy Joe over at Joeattacktix.com had the TF previews, feel free to check them out there if you're looking for a specific pic.

Someone asked about the difference between the Optimus and Megatrons found in the boosters versus those in the Intergalactic starter. Besides having different colored bases (the IG ones are gold, the booster ones or black, or chrome if you're lucky), they also have different Special Powers. Both booster figures have the "transform" special which lets them call in their vehicle modes from the back-ups. The IG pack OP has a Recover power (stand up if you have another fig in play) and the IG pack Megatron has a sacrifice power (replace one of your other figures with this one.)

For anyone that this would be their first collectible mini/action figure game, you've picked a good one. The rules are relatively simple, and the gameplay is fun, straight up.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

What's goin on webhead, Glad to have you here!
    Thanks for the info as well

Was wondering, are the chrome bases rare??
    Just got a chrome based Starscream from a booster pack.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe he mentioned to me at the Fan Event that it was a custom case he had made, but that there was an official TF one on the way.

And yeah, I thought the chrome bases were rare, but I got a TON of them. Not sure what the ratios are.

4. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. webhead817

Glad to be here. :) 

The chrome bases are the equivalent to a foil chase set in cards/ccgs...they are exactly the same play-wise as the black base versions, just shiny. :)  I don't have stats on the exact rarity, I'd put an estimate at one chrome for every 4-5 boosters maybe.

6. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF Attacktix Figures I got on Wed. 8/02/06:

*x1 TF-03 Decepticlone
    *x1 TF-14 CYB Optimus Prime

[​IMG]

7. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL - I have now purchased 24 booster packs (48 figures) and still haven't gotten an Excellion.

:thumbdown 

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    damn. It got a silver based one in my second pack. Got a silver based Scorp in my 3rd.

Only purchased 3 so far (cause they are sold out of TF packs everywhere by me).

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you for the info & pics!

I need to find them down here and start buying booster packs :D 

10. Chaos Muffin

Sweet, thanks for the links! You know I never actually took the time to go over the rules, just been setting them up :lol 

Going to post a chunk from the links you posted incase anyone missed em, or is just too lazy to click lol

Here are some Attacktix RULES (learn before botcon hehe) Basic rules are covered in next post

Hasbro customer support: US: 1-800-327-8264 & UK: 00800 22 42 72 76
    They also sell replacement missles for 1.50ea or you can exchange broken figs for a new booster box

link
    http://joeattacktix.com/faq/index.html

* Look at next page for basic rules *

11. Chaos Muffin

BASIC RULES (thanks again for the link ams)

linky
    http://joeattacktix.com/faq/rules.html

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I am SERIOUSLY pissed. I finally found some Attacktix booster packs today, and so I picked up the six they had there-- I figured six was a good number, that way I'd have a decent army without getting many duplicates, right? WRONG. Out of ALL the different characters I could have gotten, I only got TWO uniques-- all the rest I had at least doubles of (Megatron, Insecticon), and I even got THREE Optimus Primes and Rodimuses. And the ONE common figure I really wanted to get-- a Decepticlone-- I didn't get any of! GOD, I $&*@#ing HATE blindpacked stuff..

13. Chaos Muffin

List your doubles and wants here Bb and you can get some trades going on.
    I think someone needed that Megatron\

I have a spare Omnicon if you wanna trade for one of the Primes , only if they're vehicle modes though.
    Got the bot mode from the Omega set

May have to ebay some singles eventually , yeah these blind packs are a pain. So got to get with the trades

14. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:

I see a Attacktix trading mayhem going on at Botcon. :lol 

Shame I havn't gotten anymore since my last two booster sets. :(  Hoping to get more soon.

15. Chaos Muffin

Yeah no doubt lol, use to get a chuckle at the Magic gamers that sat around playing the magic at local toyshops, now Im like "scoot the hell over and taste Galvatron's cannon beeyatches! "

It's so on at Botcon , you're alll dead! Well except for ams, he has about 50 of em.
    Might even gamble a few , or annie up some doubles

16. webhead817

Hey guys, re: doubles....

5 of the 6 "rares" are what we would call army builder figs...the ones you WANT in multiples (for team building at least). As you've seen, Rodimus is the odd man out.

Now, multiple Primes, while annonying, should be trading gold. :) 

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

All things considered, I'd rather create a free system that uses the actual figures than shell out money for these things.

18. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't look like there's currently an Attacktix trading thread in the Junkion - shall we ask a mod to create/sticky one there? CM, can you do that? I recall the Armada card trading thread was a big help.

Here's what I've got to trade - several of each:

TF-05 Rodimus
    TF-08 Starscream
    TF-11 Vector Prime
    TF-17 Megatron (vehicle mode)

I'm looking for Excellion and chrome-based figs. I'll also take two of the troop builder figs (TF-01,02,03,04,06) in trade for any one on the list above.

19. Chaos Muffin

20. webhead817

I think with some effort, it would be very doable to port an existing minis game ruleset over to the TF universe and use the actual action figures for it. Shadowrun Duels might be a good starting point, as it was an action figure game itself. Or, just using the basic rule set from Star Wars Minis, HeroClix/Mage Knight, HeroScape, what have you.

In all of those games, the attacks and defenses all work in abstract...using some combination of numbers and randomizers like dice to determine outcomes of battles. Attacktix is pretty unique in that the attacks are resolved physically, with the circular bases help to standardize the relative difficluties of defeating different characters.