Customs: A Classics Overlord....

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shadowbreaker, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    So... along with my Wrecker obsession, there is Overlord. I doubt there will be any updated Overlord, so let's brainstorm on a Classics Overlord!

So..... An Armada Megatron, Energon Staracream, and an Armada Optimus Prime trailer/base.

Megs- Tank part
    Starscream- Jet part
    Trailer- Base part and body bulk

I'm still trying to find a way to put these things together the right way to make an Overlord.

Now...... the Brainstorming begins! :D 

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I thoght you meant the micromaster overload, I was psyched... Oh well, I'm here. Well do you have the parts to compare sizes? Are you set on those toys to work with?

How about Classics Inferno and Jetfire? Then Scratchbuild a base out of the spare parts! :D 

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Why do I keep mixing up Overlord's name with Overload?

I have all the parts, that's why I posted this thread! Looks good enough.... I'll try to post some pics...

I'll have to put some thought into the Inferno and Jetfire idea...

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ohhh, I'm glad I caught this. I too have been wanting to do the wreckers for a while. I've even got the figures, but just haven't had the time to finish them. here goes:

for broadside I've got a tidal wave
    roadbuster a cd red alert (but am trying to get a universe one with the add on kit)
    whirl was going to be repainted from a energon bulkhead (but will now be the new generations/rotf helicopter)
    I got the botcon springer for...springer(but am now going to sell it b/c of warbot. any takers?)
    and sandstorm is energon cliffjumper. that's the one that I actually do have mostly painted, and he looks pretty cool
    I just noticed the other day that it might be possible to do twin twist from cybertron menasor, but I like to keep things in scale, so I'm not sure how to do a topspin.

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    ^ Getting an original Overlord would be a mission of it's own. :lol  As beautiful as that looks... :drool: 

Wrecker toy ideas that you have can be posted here. :) 

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

oops, I had two windows open. I meant to post it there :lol 

8. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Well I found this.....\

It looks great, but I like Tank.

9. Pyro

Pyro @NurseMidnight

News Credits:
    Would repainting or borrowing some parts from the Armada Tidalwave model work?

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I think that is so cool and it would be cool to see made again, but maybe different. Anyways you'll think of something for your take of Overlord.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I had an idea for making a custom Overlord a couple years ago that I never got around to seeing through. Anyway, what I was thinking of doing was repainting a Uni.2.0 Silverbolt (or Darkwing for the better color scheme) for the Giga Jet, and modding two Uni.2.0 Octanes to connect together, and then add a tank turret on top.

That way you could split the tank bots to become the legs with the comb-o-deaths as Overlord's shin guards, maybe have new arms be part of the Mega Tank as well, and then have the Giga Jet's nose half detach and peg onto the arm.

Add a new head and I think it's money.

12. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
  13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Hm.... I like that idea! I think that now maybe I don't need a base component with my Overlord...

I do think that maybe that Overlord with Energon Ironhide and Jetfire could be a young Overlord...

Whoa! There's an idea! Though I don't know if I could even accomplish that project...

14. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    I really like that. its different, but neat. You could try modding the energon ironhide into a tank mode

15. Lord Vulcan

Lord Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a bit of a crazy idea. {you may only get robot and vehicle modes from this idea}

It involves a classics 2.0 silverbolt and any deluxe tankformer.

Start off by unscrewing the nosecone part from silverbolt. {this will disable the electronics as the nosecone needs to be removable for this plan}

then remove Silverbolts legs below the knee.

Take your preferred tankformer, glue everything down in vehicle mode and then slice it down the center. {Remove the cannon first}

Next add some earth magnets to the center of the tankformer {after cleaning up the cut marks} so that it can reattach.

Then all you'd have to do was hollow out parts of the tankformer and attach it to silverbolts legs.

After that's all done you'll have the perfect base figure for an overlord custom {Albeit quite a small one} that you could then make more overlordy in looks.

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, the voyager Energon buys are your best bet due to the fat they already combine. The Jetfire works perfect, but yeah, you'd have to some work on the Ironhide or find another Voyage that can combine. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

17. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    that is a really, really good idea. Just crazy enough to work!