A Classic Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vladakris, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Well I brought out my classics optimus, He felt so unsatisfying. First problem was the front portion of the truck that goes on his arms, they were very loose on mine, so if any one has a way to fix pin please help me. Ok back to the story. He just didnt have a Prime feeling to me. His eyes felt to large, and Im not really a fan of the boat thing on the top of the truck. Is any body else feeling this way. Hes the only classic figure I dont get a nostaligic vibe from. I would like to see him redone in the universe mabey some kinda deluxe to match up with galvatron.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Some of the loose issues you mention can actually be fixed by trying to tighten the screws, where they're visible, in that region of the body. You said the shoulders and upper arms were loose? Try giving the screws in those areas just a bit of a tightening and see if that helps.

As for the figure...I, personally, think he's a really impressive recreation of Optimus Prime. The boatback/windscoop thing can always be removed, so that's nice. It can also be transformed into a gun, which I think is really cool - don't like his backpack? Okay, just give Prime MORE FIREPOWER! :lol 

3. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

The part on this figure that is lose is the front side portion of the vehichle that gets folded near his arm le largest p[in in that are is ridiculously lose. It mght just be his face laye or somthing there that dosent feel prime to me. Well he is better that that really crap prime that came in the two pack. Mabey its the yellow, Ah hell I dunno theres just somthing there.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, the best suggestion I can make is that, if you don't like the way the paint looks, you could always try repainting him or changing his paint scheme up.

5. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

The yellow dose bother me a bit but not really. Mabey that lose area is just ruining the figure for me. I have no idea how to fix a pin problem.

6. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sell it ! :p 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm not an expert on pin fixes, but loose joints can often be remedied by dripping in a drop of superglue and moving the joint till it sets. Might need further input, as I haven't tried it on those kinds of joints yet. It's odd, my Prime's absolutely fine.

As for the 'boat thing' (the wind vane/deflector), that is removable, you know, and you can turn Prime's head so it's face-down in vehicle mode (so he's not staring up at you as he drives). And as OWAT said, if the colourscheme bothers you in any way, you can always have a go at painting it, as I am.

8. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

AH thanks well if anyone can help me fix a pin give me a pm. SO what do you use to seal your paints?

9. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Ok hasbro PLEASE reissue this PLEASE! I tryed to paint it. Lets just say it turned out bad.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, sorry if there was a paint incident.

I personally don't think this is a bad mold, but I do think the truck kibble on his arms are really distracting from the overall appearance. But you suggested a Deluxe Prime that is more nostalgic, but you also don't like deluxe two pack Prime, which is a direct homage. Are you one of those fans they say are never happy?

I'm kidding, but on that point I really think the deluxe Prime is underrated. His alt mode is a bit weak, but he's really posable and solid as a robot as long as you click in the button to stabalize his waist gimmick. He's pretty much a great representation of his G1 Animation model.

All that said, I would like to see them try to do a slightly larger, more detailed Prime for Universe, especially since we're getting Ultra classes now.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dig Classics Optimus. But if you don't, I figger it's a safe bet they're gonna come up with a new version of him sooner rather than later.

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Could always try the Hankei version as well.

13. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Yeah I thought so to. I figured you cant release a transformers line without having prime in there somewhere. Hell they have Galvy, they need a prime to.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yup. Prime is just a lackluster figure for me. He's got it all, in theory: Great articulation, cool weapons, intricate transformation, proper porportions... but it just amounts to a very unsatisfying experience.

15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I do like Classics Optimus Prime, but no, he's not perfect. No Roller, no trailer, no Matrix (or Matrix compartment), no axe...but that's being quite picky.

Still, if you're not satisfied with Classics OP, I think that Cybertron Optimus Prime makes a good substitute. Yes, he's a fire engine instead of a cab-over semi, but he's quite possibly the best OP yet made. He's got just about everything - and an Energon Strongarm (or one of the numerous repaints) can supply the energy axe.