A change in the game

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boy Blunder, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

So... I really am curious about this.

Based on the very vocal unrest regarding Hasbro's recent TF offerings, how many people are really, truly, honestly, 100% getting out of the game of collecting, at least the stuff that's currently on shelves?

I wonder this because... honestly, it's been getting easier to find stuff out here. Sure, Airachnid is still hard to find in the wild (and thank goodness for that), but nearly everything else in rotation right now pops up around here on a regular basis, even Shockwave.

I know that distribution is buggered in some locations, so this isn't something completely quantifiable, but still, it leaves me wondering...

Are those of us who continue to collect the main lines going to be able to find items more regularly, due to those who are dropping it?

Discuss.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I prefer to buy on-line. Some sites offer free shipping on high priced orders.

As long as their is ebay. The scalpers will always grab the popular toys in stores. I doubt a few fans leaving the hobby. Will make it easier to find newer toys in stores.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Totally not what I was going for, bud :lol 

4. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Well, I know I haven't bought a retail release for well over a year now, with no sign of that changing anytime soon. So in terms of modern stuff I am 'out of the game'. I don't even look at the stuff in stores any more. No interest.

My G1 collection grows by the day though...

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I don't see the Quality of the newer toys as bad. The Prime and FOC toys. are better designed compared to Animated & DOTM toys.

It's premature to write off the Prime And FOC toys as bad. Both lines have just started. It's always fair,To compare full lines to each other. It seems unfair to compare full lines to partial lines.

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    If you don't like current stuff, go buy other lines, if you don't like those then do something else completely. That's the positive of collecting, NOBODY is FORCING YOU TO BUY. I have no interest for Prime; however, I've been getting into BW lately, so I'm buying that.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

I own one single TFP toy and haven't picked up any of the FoC toys from stores yet.

All my money has been going into past lines for several months now.

8. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a couple of figures from Prime and FoC, but only because I collect Optimus Primes. Even then, I can't get myself to buy anything from the PRiD line.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I ... disagree.

I ... agree.

10. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I'm partialy out of the game. Don't buy cyberverse or minicons. I got like 3 Prime deluxe toys, of which 1 was for free, so i bought 2 and beside a car vehicon not planning any more for the moment. Alltime low for me!

I do still go for the generations stuff. FOC stuff will depend on quality/price. NO takara MP stuff, too expensive.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the only thing that's iffy for me these days is the deluxes. those I have to consider if they are really worth the $15, and for toys like foc prime, jazz and tfp airachnid, the answer to me is an obvious NO. if the christmas deals cut prices pretty good, I'll pick them up. but I have no intention to at $15 each.

botshots, pretty much buy new ones on sight. same as the tfp voyagers since they haven't moved in price point. but yeah that one category of deluxes seems to be the only thing that got hit from these hikes, probably since it's where most of the characters are and it sells the most volume.

as far as finding things, hasn't been too tough out here in IL. mostly all of the "new" things besides as you stated, airachnid & vehicons, are pretty much available at every store.