A change in ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Mar 2, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    So as I have ran it into my head a few times. I have come to believe it would be pretty wicked if the transformers would scan animals. I know beastmachines/beastwars to me was awesome. I loved Megs as a t-rex, however One interesting point that stopped me from the belief that they would ever do such a thing, is the fact that the transformers only seem "compatible" with machinery or anything with a mechanical or techincal nature.

But that also does raise another quesiton. If a smaller transformer like frenzy, would want to blend in, what better way to do so, then a stray dog? Or lets say a seagul. Not only could you travel, but you could fool any human. I mean how often a day do you see a custom painted peterbuilt, with an out fit of custom rides driving in unison??? Hahahaha!! I dont know I thought it might be a little something cool to talk about then the "millions of pieces" argument that still plauges the boards.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Speaking of "millions of pieces"...I don't think that'd work so well with an organic disguise >_>

It worked well enough with Scorponok, but that was a rather..poor disguise.

I don't see it happening, and I'd rather it not personally.

3. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Well you forget that its not about fucntionality with a organic duisguise. You wouldnt have to mimick anything on the inside much like they would for vehicles etc.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't see them doing any Beast-formers, at least not for the next 2 sequels. I do however see them doing more bots similar to Scorponok, in the respect that their beast-mode is more Cybertronian in design. Would be a great way, imo, for them to do the Dinobots if they were to include them at some point (even better yet make t hem triple-changers, bot, disquise, dino).

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yep, in this movie universe supposedly the bots can only scan non-carbon based objects... iow nothing living... yet somehow we get Scorponok!

6. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Skorponok didn't need to disguise, he hides under the ground. Why he scanned a skorpion.... well beats me. Maybe because its scary?

7. jametron

News Credits:
    I mean, according to the storyline of this TF incarnation (actually I think it's the reason Teletran 1 could only scan machines in G1 as well, but) their scanners do not recognize carbon based objects in terms of making them a disguise... so the fact we got Scorponpok as a character goes against the writers own ground rules!

PLOT HOLE! :p 

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    except he pretty much looked like that from the start, and never scanned anything since he's just a part of Blackout's ass to begin with.

9. jametron

News Credits:
    So Blackout just arrived on Earth and scanned a chopper seconds prior to arriving at SOCCENT?

I don't think so. And I assuming they don't have Scorpions on Cybertron.

10. Sso02V

News Credits:
    what does that have to do with anything I said?

11. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Well skorponok being a scorpion there is little irony to be honest right? I mean the transformers without alts resembled human like qualities, up right motions even curvitures on their legs to resemble calf muscles etc. I just thought it would be neat to see your scottish terrior end up running out of your gate and becoming a 3 foot transformers hahaha. Bad Fido bad!

12. jametron

News Credits:
    Nevermind, point is Scorponok wouldn't have looked like a scorpion before coming to earth... so he scanned a carbon based object... something none of the other bots could do.

13. Sso02V

News Credits:
    but he did look like a scorpion, it's in the prequel materials.

14. jametron

News Credits:
    Welp, my bad... but that makes no sense.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Makes just as much sense as the robots having humanoid proportions before coming to earth.

16. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Exactly, remember everyones rant when bay said he wanted them to be more "humanoid" I guess the point he was getting across is aliens might not be so much alein as we think...of course we wouldnt know because we have never seen an exterestiral but ourselfs.

17. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Anyways Im getting off topic, I dont know. Maybe cybertronians builds are just as diverese as we have ours here on earth, since they are "DNA based computers" so says uh the auzie or britionian girl from the movie... I would only assume that since they arent carbon based, it wouldnt mean there bodys cant "mold" to something simular. Anyways anything is possible in the bay world, it just needs an explosion :lolol 

18. jametron

News Credits:
    I don't know... An alien with 2 legs, 2 arms and a head makes genetic engineering sense... as aopposed to an alien that looks like an earthern scorpion... Just my opinion though.

19. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

Actually it does. Scoponok resembels a scopion - but isnt exactly the same as one. This can easily be explained by convergent evolution (as can the autobots humanoid forms).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convergent_evolution

It makes sense because that is the layout you have - but on balance there are far fewer animals that have the 2 arms, two legs layout than there are other forms. In mamal terms 4 legs is much more common - and in terms of all creatures on the earth - insects and arachnids are by far the most numerous and more closely resemble machines.

20. jametron

News Credits:
    Touche! Well played, I am convinced. Thanks!