A Call for Help to Animal Lovers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altitron, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    On behalf of fellow artist Adam Hughes (Catwoman, Wonder Woman, etc.), I am posting the following information in the hope that some of you find it in your heart to help make this deplorable situation better:

"I need to ask you guys & gals a favor...

OK, I need the help of all my friends, fans, peers.... I'll even accept the help of enemies.

Everyone knows that Allison & I have two wonderful puppies; I've since become VERY sensitive to cases of animal cruelty.

A friend of mine in Toronto brought this to my attention, the case of a little puppy named Sasha. Sasha has been exposed to just about as much animal cruelty from both humans AND other dogs as I can imagine.

This is her story:

4 Legged Love - Sasha's story, Help Desperately Needed

If you don't want to see pictures of an abused puppy, and just want to donate:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/w...cf49521b3f5afc18ba9034b1c79cbd5929eac28412d99

The vet caring for Sasha needs between $1500-$2200 to pay for Sasha's medical expenses. There's a Paypal link, at the bottom.

If all of you donated one dollar, just ONE DOLLAR, we could really help a sweet puppy with a big problem.

I don't do this often, but I'm asking all of you for a little help. There are thousands of you; please just throw a dollar Sasha's way.

It would really mean a lot to me if any of you could help.

-Adam"

Thanks for everyone that helps contribute to the welfare of this poor animal! I know economic times are tough, and maybe tougher on some more than others, but just think about what you may waste a dollar on throughout your normal day. Would it be that much to sacrifice that in order to give a little love to a puppy that I think deserves it?

Thanks again for the help, TFW2k5.

- Alty

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Best wishes to Sasha

May not be a good idea to ask for money to save a dog , when there's members here with sick family that could use more money. If only they could ask as well.....
    It also may attract unwanted adbots
    Not trying to be rude though, our family dog came straight from dead dog beach, her name's Olga and she's on the main website that supports it. :) 
    Hope everything's ok soon

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Yeah I can't see a thread asking for money staying here for very long.

4. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    Hmmm, not sure how this could be construed as a 'bad' idea, unless bringing attention toward a charitable cause is against board policies.

Also, no one is 'asking for money'. Why so snobbish? If you took the time to browse the links I provided, you'd see that the shelter would be more than happy accepting donations of blankets, towels, dog food, and other items. Maybe I shouldn't be so loud over the unforunate plight of a single animal. Making any kind of contribution to your own local animal shelter is a godsend itself.

However, I do agree about what was said in regards to having this compared to the fact that there are members here with sick families that could use more money, but as we all know animals can't campaign for themselves. If anyone needs help from me, all they ever have to do is ask. I also do my best to take care of those that can't.

I don't mean to waste anyone's time browsing the catch-all miscellaneous boards here on the intarwebs. Nothing negative needs to be posted - or if it does you can PM me; if you would like to donate, do so. If not, hit the back button. Or ask a Mod to remove the thread, if it really is that much of a problem.

Thanks to anyone that has done what they can to help.

- Alty

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Closed for staff review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.