A Brief Return to Our Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Evan Goldsborough, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

So, the film is finally here. It's been a, well, rather angry and childhood-raping trip, but here we are. But now I propose we look back.

Find some of your posts from last summer (or even earlier) and repost them here. I have a feeling it'll be quite interesting to see just how much our opinions have changed. (I'll do mine later, too tired now...)

2. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Speak for yourself. It's been an amazing heart-pounding wait with all the leaked images and footage across the net. I've never been this hyped for, or attached/attracted to, a movie like this before.

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah i have to agree with Turnpike i have been excited for this movie since i first heard about it.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

No... 100% behind the movie from the the announcement of Bay's involvement so I'm consistent.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't posting here a year ago but I know that the only thing I ever wanted from the movie was a good toyline. I got that, and now the movie is looking great so that's icing on the cake!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm 100% percent now, but before I was 98% (Starscream took some getting used to).

2 more days till I get to see the movie!

7. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Already got tickets for tonight's showing at 8! And, I have to agree with the others, no anger or child hood raping here. And I really hope this threade doesn't turn into that. This movie will rock, kick ass, and all sorts of things in between.

8. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I was looking at all this film stuff, as just another version of Transformers, there are so many!

I've been behind this film from the start!

9. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

Huh. Just to say it, the "childhood-raping" bit was an attempt at being funny. I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't work through text...

10. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

My opinion on the movie hasn't changed since Michael Bay was announced as director. I expect "Transformers" to blow lots of stuff up, have a few "WOW" car chases, and such and such.

I also expect it to play out just like every other Bay film has. Hackneyed direction, laughably bad scripting and acting perrformances and a childish plot that's completely nonsensical. I would also imagine there will be an abundance of slow motion shots.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree with your sentiments in regards to bay-ism, but i hope you will be able to check in the prejudices when you finally see the movie, since all the hyperbole its been receiving is warranted and justified, at least this side of the globe.

even the most cynical of my friends have broken down at the altar of its awsomeness, and you have my guarantee, as all around purveyor of good taste.

excelsior!

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

It's the easiest thing in the world to fall into a predjudice, but nigh-on impossible to get out of one. I can't see some of the more extreme of the negative reactions changing at this stage.
    That's why I take the opposite approach: I was looking forward to the new series of DR WHO with such overwhelming enthusiasm for a year, yet after watching the whole first series I hated it. Consequently, I like to think my final opinion of TRANSFORMERS will be an honest one free of negative preconceptions.

13. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, but I'm totally sold now! This thing rocks on so many levels!

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Don't feel like sifting through a bunch of old posts...but my opinions haven't changed much since last year. The designs were a little jarring at first, but I quickly got used to them. I know I did some Bay bashing on the premise that I can't stand any of his previous movies, and I still can't, but I'm positive I'll enjoy Transformers.

15. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Same here.
    Been behind it all the way and nothing has changed at all.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I was one of the movie-hater fans from the beginning. I didn't like the designs at first, or the idea of Michael Bay directing it...or the leaked February '06 script...

But I changed. Now I'm pro-movie. :D 

17. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

My stance has not changed. The more I learned, the more I disliked. Now I'm even more peeved because their excuses for reality and to be taken seriously in the mainstream demographic were all a farce. The movie looks really kiddy after all. And that's even with the Craptastic designs. If they were going to make the dang movie this corny, why didn't they just give us the classic designs and sound effects ANYway? I mean it still comes across as corny and a bit childish.

I have been consistant. And all you people saying you liked it from the get go, I will hold you to that as I disintinctly remember a LARGE inititial negative reaction to all the things that were leaked. And there are also records of you prior posts. So be truthful.

18. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I have to agree with Rodimus here.
    And besides, why to open such a thread ? Do we really need to dig into old healing wounds here ?

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I will say I was heavy on the starscream rage aholic bandwagon im not so sure im off it yet but the game did make it a little better. Still think he is to chunky and definately could have been atleast less ape like. But I have grown on the face quite a bit so I m hoping when I see the movie in an hour and a half that I have completely succombed to the fact it is still SS and that this movie rocks. Be able to say so in three hours

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Well I can happily inform you that all your worries are wrong! :)