A bayformers type superman movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Grandum, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would it work?

Say superman for example in a movie like the first bayformers movie based on the same script but replacing the characters and making the necesary changes.

Superman could look like this in the movie:[​IMG]

Instead of scorponok being bombed we see Mr. Mxyptlk slaughtering marines in the desert until he gets bombed.

instead of sam the movie is about Mikael Olsen who instead of buying a car gets an internship at the same newspaper as clark kent.

instead of baricade asking about the glasses we see Lex Luthor asking about a usb drive. - Clark promptly kicks his butt.

Clark reveals himself to Mikeal Olsen as superman and talks about his home planet and the war he is in with the evil superheroes whilst crashing in Mikeal's garage.

for the highway chase we see superman stabbing General Zod to death.

Then we can have Darkseid snoring away as megatron in the ice and the allspark can be some kryptonian relic.

Since we'd need more autobot wannabees other DC heroes could join in and we can have Darkseid ripping Batman in two pieces instead of Megatron ripping Jazz in two pieces.

Do you think a movie like that would work had transformers not been made?

2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I don't quite understand.

That would be pretty gruesome.

3. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

It could work...i mean just look at how similar "Surfs Up" is to "Cars". Movies only have to be 30% different from another to be made...no joke

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I don't like it....but it might work....I just don't like it!!

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Are you serious?

6. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

This. Who would Superman replace? Optimus Prime? That would not work because Superman does not kill, so we would see Bonecrusher in Superman: Revenge of the Braniac. I'm going to go ahead and trust what Zach Snyder, Christopher Nolan, and David Goyer are doing with the Superman franchise and we'll see what they come out with during the holidays in 2012. Please don't hurt yourself thinking of more silliness.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    The Millitary kills Lex Luthor and stops his evil plan. Superman doesn't appear n the movie, it was the codename for the operation.

8. Grandum

News Credits:
    Ahh, well see Optimus Prime never used to kill anyone either before Michael Bay got his hands on him either, and remember - this is all hypothetical it's a what if scenario rather than lets do it, but I think I got the message - I'll jot you down as a "no" shall I?

Do you think a movie like that work had transformers not been made?

9. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Nah. It might have been cool to see, but I doubt Warner Bros. would be able to make a movie cohesive enough to support the Justice League. Marvel is doing a fantastic job, and while I'm a DC guy, I just don't see a JL movie happening. Also, Darkseid tearing Batman in half would not happen. Perhaps a lesser character like Aquaman. That would work. Not saying Jazz is a lesser character, but WB wouldn't let one of their main dudes get offed like that.

10. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a surreal thread.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

I have to use this in my sig man.

I'd rather not see any other Bayformers esque takes on poular franchises, the only thing worse is when is when he does history.

*Shudders*

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Uh no. Than I prefer watching Captain Planet.

13. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    What, are you serious?

14. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Just thinking, regarding the title of this thread. A lot of the G1 fans in here despises being called Gee-Wunners. I despise the term Bayformers. It is not Bay who have created the designs, but Hasbro. I know a lot of the G1 fans don't like Bays movies, and I have no problem with that, just have a problem with the term Bayformers.

Sorry I went off topic, it needed to get out of my system.

15. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

Such a weird effin thread lol. So you mean scene for scene replace with Superman shit? Or just in the sense of "what if when Superman arrived, someone found him and there was more military presence and control of the situation?"
    Sort of Superman meet ET

16. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

And just an addition; I love the name BayFormers. I'm a self proclaimed BayFormer fan.

17. Grandum

News Credits:
    Scene for scene :) 

18. Grandum

News Credits:
    Sorry about that - I'm kinda lousy at naming my threads...I guess it's just a convenient name for lumping it all together. I mean technically Movieverse isn't right either since they made the 1986 TF movie. Also..."movieverse movie" just doesn't sound right :p 

Could be worse though - imagine if all the g1 fans began typing "WAAAH BAIJHFORMURS" as the only reply to your threads. :wink: 

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

This comparision makes no sense in the fact that the two franchises ain't got SHIT alike [except for: "A planet died and the hero is blue and red"], and all TF incarnations are different realities, different stories that allow variation on some things, this would techinically be an adaptation, so we can't just have Superman killing.

Optimus never killed anyone only because it was a cartoon [It's a freaking WAR, how do you hope to win? By gently asking your enemies to give up?], Superman never kills because he has a boring as heck moral code that he insists in keeping.

- Bonecrusher isn't nowhere as near as famous as Zod, one of Superman's main arch-enemies.

- Scorponok isn't even close to being Mxy, both in popularity and in power.

- Optimus is not Superman. Never was.

Superman is not made of expensive-as-hell-CGI neither is humanity deeply involved with Superman's stories, they are usually mere witnesses [while in Transformers they tend to be protagonists].

20. Grandum

News Credits:
    Well...technically g1 continued with the same chars into g2 so that was the same reality - the next incarnation turned out to just be g1 but in a different time so that was a continuation...but if you really wanna walk down that path then by all means:

[​IMG]

Superman has done it too - it can be done again.

Right...so they have that common and the fact that they share similar moral codes, they both protect humans against powerful evil forces, they both are well known franchises, etc, etc.

Now, just as superman these guys would be reimagined too ofc, so in this reality they'd be about equal to the characters you mentioned - if you rather have Zod be Starscream then by all means we can toss the names around a bit, but he needs to drive a big fat knife through someone at least.

And humanity wasn't deeply involved in TFs before the movies either so I fail to see your point.