a ? about Toys N' Joys.com

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Apr 21, 2007.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all, IDK if this is the right forum to be placing this in, but does anyone know about the toys n joys site, are they reliable? Please let me know.
    thanks a lot!!
    OMEGAPRIME1983

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No, they're not reliable, in fact they're one of the more infamous places for false inventory and bad business (canceling orders you already paid for because someone else paid more). Never shop there despite how tempting the inventory looks.

3. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=64632&st=0

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    they used to be really, really good.

in the past few years, they've gone to hell.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    interesting.... I really hope that this isnt the case, cause they seem to be the only people online that are carrying the japanese Metals Megatron.... my US ver. broke on me, and I'd like to replace it with the Japanese ver. because Ive heard it has a better plastic in use... this blows if they screw me over.....

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Stay away from them. Stay far, far away!

7. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I had a nightmare experience with them one christmas, non TF related. It was the worst transaction I've ever been a part of. EVER. False stock, charging my card for items that they never sent, taking months to offer a refund. I even paid them extra to get it overnighted so I could get the stuff by christmas, and the package arrived TWO WEEKS late with a parcel post stamp on it (Read: They pockets over thirty dollars in shipping charges, and sent it with the cheapest shipping possible.) Not only was it late, and not only was their online stock deceptive, but when the package finally arrived it was missing some of the items that were on the inventory.

For my trouble, they offered to send me anything else that I wanted to make up the difference between what I paid and what I actually received. I chose a few items (Nintendo figurine sets from Japan), and they shipped them out to me. Again, as christmas gifts for someone else. Almost two weeks later I get the second package from them, and it contained NONE of the items that I chose, but a random assortment of related crap (Some shitty Nintendo magnets, and keychains that looked nothing like the ones on the webpage.)

So yeah, long story short: STAY AS FAR AWAY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

8. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Damn. I've come close to buying stuff from them off eBay a couple times, but the price seemed to good. Glad now that I didn't.

9. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I was making a long distance call to their store, just to work out the in stock/out of stock situation. They e-mailed me telling me that the only way they could work it out was over the phone. Then they kept putting me on hold so they could try to find the items that they claimed to have sent me. The entire conversation lasted almost two hours.

Jeez, the more I think about this, the more I remember... and the madder I get!

10. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Hope you have unlimited long distance.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, this really sucks that there is all of this bad relations with them... I think that Im gonna cancel my order with them... if I canfigure out how..... LOL, anyone on here have a Japanese Beast Wars Metals Megatron for sale?

12. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Actually I bought the Beast wars Metals version of Megatron and Primal and they came without any problems......

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't dealt with Toys N' Joys.com in a few years, but that's where I got Brave Max from. I'm sorry to read that service has declined so badly.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well do to the exccesively bad reveiws of the store that I asked about, I think that Im just going to have a friend pick up the Metals Megatron off of ebay for me... atleast I know its a bit more reliable.. Thanks for the help everyone!!