A 3rd Faction?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DrOblivian, Sep 24, 2017.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    A civil war can have more than two factions. Or at least it easily could in Transformers.

Also, plenty of series subvert that lore or only use it as a framework for the main story.

• Like Like x 3
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Reread what I said.

3. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

You basically just described the Insecticons from Beast wars 2 almost exact.

4. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

The Decepticons attracted ultra-violent and sadistic bots, plus ones who were bigoted towards organic life, as they fell into violence and corruption. But I'm talking more about "the banality of evil" bigots, people who aren't violent or sadistic in one-on-one interactions, but who support systematic injustices of the system because they assume they are "natural" or "for the greater good."

Personally I don't think IDW should have had the Autobots connected to the Senate at all . . . It would've made more sense if they were all former Decepticons who split away to follow Optimus after Megatron started getting too crazy-pants for them.

5. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Given that war is rarely black and white, I'd argue even that a civil war should have more than two factions as everyone would have a reason for joining (or not joining) the war.

6. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

That would've been pretty cool but too thin even as that would have made it a three-way conflict (Con, Bots, Senate) and a different setup than what we've ever had before. However, having the Autobots connected to the senate puts more of an emphasis on why the Autobots are good, and particularly Prime's part in that since prior to that, they were corrupted. So Optimus' really signifies what it means to be an Autobot with Megatron signifying the Decepticons with the added bonus of Megatron inspiring Optimus to be better and challenge the senate.

7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Now that would have been interesting.
    And we never got to see anything like that, which is a shame because there certainly should have been people like that.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

There was a third faction in Prime but it wasn't Star seekers, it was the Predacons.

9. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

Autobots= Land
    Decepticons= Air
    3rd faction= Sea

They could be a race of Marine Mechs that live in under sea cities on Cybertron.
    Isolationists that want nothing to do with the war.
    Their civilization and culture could be beautiful.
    Sea Spray could be a defactor that wanted to join the Autobot cause.
    The Seacons could be banished war criminals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Have we ever seen any Seas or oceans on Cybertron? The most I ever recall we're very small bodies of waters I wouldn't even call a pond

But my memory and knowledge of the series after the first part of the Unicron trilogy isn't that strong so I could be wrong

11. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

The Mithril Sea - Transformers Wiki, it's actually described as having "shores" so we can infer its probably actually liquid of some kind. you know, maybe.

Beastwars: Uprising actually describes the sea of rust as being a liquid ocean, but this is the only case of that being so. All other times it's a desert.

12. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Interesting thanks for the info