9newstoday.com Virus help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Predakwon, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    A Trojan? Ouch. That's what did in my old PC.

Don't you have an antivirus?
    EDIT: never mind that last bit. didn't actually read the link until now.

3. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Find out what the virus is if it tells what it is and then go to Norton and find the trojan horse name and read on how to get rid of it and then DL the Norton virus remover which you might have to search for it on their site and it will either quarntine it or delete it once you have run the virus remover. Thats the best help I could give you to get rid of it. I hope you have protection on your computer which everyone should anyway and that is a paid subscription because that is VERY important.

4. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Are you able to download any extra anti-virus software? If you are, try malwarebytes. It got rid of a virus for me last year. Just make sure you update it first then do a full scan. If not, if might be worth taking it to an expert.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here's where you need to go:

HijackThis | HijackThis.com

They are a dedicated team of virus/malware technicians that specialize in helping people, and they literally help EVERYONE out. With my old computer, I'd gotten rid of numeroud virus and spywares without having to ever wipe my HDD.

What you do (like the instructions say) is download that program. It creates a listing of all of your registry files and stuff, and then you just copy and paste it in a thread you make in their forum. From there, they guide YOU step-by-step on what tools to get (always free), and what files to delete.

The only advice I'd give is read ahead on their instructions, and even print them out. Because there may be times where you're directed to go into safe mode and disconnect your internet and do further instructions, so you can't go back to the site and check.

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Barracuda, I have Malwarebytes. While I have love, no dice with it as I still have it. Thanks though!

TJ Duckett, I'll try the below. Thanks for your help everyone!