TFcon / Auto Assembly Robot Manuel X & Robot Basil Z

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Auto Assembly and TFcon teamed up this year to bring attendees of both conventions a "shared exclusive" recolor of the Mech ideas Demolition Crue. The exclusives, variously named Robot Manuel X and Robot Basil Z for Auto Assembly or Prototype X and Project Z for TFcon, homage the Argentinian Generation 2 Jumpstarters, Robot Man X and Salt Man Z. For me picking up this set was a no-brainer since I dearly loved the original Jumpstarter toys and always wanted a set of the recolors. A redeco of some of my favourite Third Party releases was exactly what the doctor ordered!

The decos of the pair are really sharp, and I have to complement the designers for including chromed parts including Z's drills and treads, and the weapons for both toys. The chrome does make turning the hammer into the armcannon form a little hard on both, and the fit on the pegs is just a little bit tighter, but not ruinously so. X manages to be really garish with his bright yellows and reds, while Z seems more reserved with his darker green and white deco. It's all completely accurate to the original toys, and makes for an interesting pair. I'd say I prefer Z's look overall, just because of how good he looks in the green and white.

One other thing to mention about Robot Basil / Project Z - he includes the bonus "damaged" head section from Geminus. This part is painted in the same colours as the rest of Z's head, and once attached he looks like he's got some mean battle damage. I've taken to thinking of this one as a robotic version of Batman's enemy Two Face. It's a great little extra bit and gives the robot even more personality when attached.

All in all, this duo is a great set. Well worthy of a spot in any collection, and they are right at home among either Generation 2 or Shattered Glass toys, thanks to the bios - both of which are included on the backer card in a clever way that lets you choose your own backer card. It's one last cool touch in a set of toys full of cool touches.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

On tfsource.com it says the parts are interchangeable, so you can create new characters. That true?

4. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, the four toys all use the same basic design so you can easily mix and match. Simple Collectibles' table at Auto Assembly had a demonstration with the bodies switched. You need a screwdriver for some bits, though. (For fun I have considered mixing and matching Apex and Manuel to make a Superman themed version...)

5. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Thought about two sets, so I could have the G2 and G1 colors.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I prefer them with the bodies swapped they look nicer like that.

So you get an Xbox Green and Yellow robot and a Grey and red one instead.