TFcon 2013 Exclusive Roswell

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    TFcon had a pair of Gobits for their convention exclusives this year, who were redecos of iGear's Miniwarriors. Roswell is a redeco of UFO, inspired by the Gobot and E-Hobby exclusive Transformer Pathfinder.

Roswell's deco is rather cool. She pulls in influence from the E-Hobby rather than the original Gobot - I understand this was to avoid having two grey and black exclusives. Roswell looks vibrant in her blue deco, which is nicely offset against the tan parts used on the underside of the saucer. I do not own the original iGear UFO, but having compared pictures, I'd say I prefer Roswell's deco.

This is actually my first experience with this particular mold, so I'll post some thoughts on the design. I personally quite like the size and I definitely like how bulky the limbs are in their design - it evokes the feel of a bulky spacesuit, which goes along with the bubble dome helmet, which is a cute touch. I'm a little less enthused with how much the articulation is limited by the limb design, but Roswell can still strike some cool poses. The blaster is also a cool touch - it's a 50's style raygun, which is in keeping with the general vibe of the toy. Another cool touch is the inclusion of a display base, which lets you display Roswell in "flying" poses in either mode.

Overall, Roswell is a good, fun little toy, and a great little addition to the growing lineup of TFcon exclusives. The fact she's also a Gobot and can fit in with others like Fracture and Bug Bite is a real bonus.

Check out more pictures in our gallery: Roswell (TFcon 2013 Exclusive) - iGear - TFW2005.COM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

Roswell is a great addition to the Mini-Warriors line. And if iGear wants to produce UFO in a few more colors I've got cash ready!

3. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Dammit, a raygun-wielding, bubble-headed, B-movie UFO-robot is tempting enough without retro tentacley robot arms.

5. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

Heh! That's actually kinda neat! Love the bubble helmet. In vehicle mode, it makes him look like a little dude hunkered down in his flying saucer.

6. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master!

I'm gonna get all igears minibots and maybe this guy as well. my moms favorite character was cosmos

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Awww, he's so cute and sweet and awesome!

8. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Roswell's actually a she - like the original Pathfinder, Roswell's a femmebot :) 

The tentacle arms are actually Arms Microns - Zori I think their name is, the one that came with Arms Micron Soundwave in Japan. The solid colored one is from the single pack, and the smokey plastic one is from the Gravity Planet Bowgun set. But I'm glad you like it, the B-movie UFO with tentacley arms was exactly what I was shooting for there :)