KFC Bad Cop (Auto Assembly 2013 Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Keith's Fantasy Club teamed up with Auto Assembly to bring fans the Auto Assembly 2013 custom figure kit - Bad Cop! Based on the concepts for Transformers Universe Barricade, this kit includes everything you need to customize a First Edition Transformers Prime Vehicon into a Transformers Prime Barricade.

The kit is nice and easy to do - all you need is a little superglue to fix on the lightbar, and a careful hand to apply the stickers. Since the head is on a balljoint you can just pop the Vehicon's head off and plug in the Barricade head, though I found I needed to just gently shave a little plastic off the socket for the ball joint for the best fit.

The final effect is excellent - the new head perfectly captures the look and feel of a Transformers Prime character, and the half a dozen main stickers - two for the doors, two for the rear wheel arches and a two-part one for the roof - help to complete the look. In vehicle mode, Bad Cop looks very cool and dynamic, with the additional details added by the stickers complementing the existing look of the Vehicon's vehicle mode nicely. In robot mode, some of the new details are hidden but the stickers on the vehicle's sides are now on the arms, which together with the new head gives the robot mode its own identity.

Bad Cop was produced in very limited quantities for Auto Assembly. If you were able to get your hands on one of these kits, congratulations, you own one of the cooler third party "garage kit" sets on the market. If you are a fan of Transformers Prime and get a chance to pick up this kit, I recommend you go for it - it is a great complement to any Transformers Prime collection.

Open the link below to check out our gallery:

Auto Assembly 2013 Exclusive Bad Cop Gallery

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop Robot Mode

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop with blaster (One of the great things about the First Edition Vehicon which this kit upgrades is the way it had different options for where to put the gun. I prefer to have Bad Cop attach his gun below his hand, underslung, to distinguish him further from his Vehicon troops)

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop Police Car Mode

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop Police Car Mode Twin Hood Mounted Blasters (second gun comes from my other FE Vehicon, for those interested)

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop with Vehicon Troopers (my other FE Vehicon is the Japanese version which has a slightly different coloration, for those curious)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Auto Assembly 2013 Bad Cop with Dark of the Moon Barricade

I love how this customized figure looks alongside the official Movie Barricade. It looks pretty much how I'd want an official Transformers Prime Barricade to look - not prejudicing the TFSS one mind, but I like the head sculpt and the base toy on this one more.

Edit for those who want to own one of these:

Drop CZ Hazard a line!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Not bad. I dig the head.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Man this looks awesome! :thumb  This mold and head fits Barricade WAY more then the TFSS version which to me like a SG version of TFP Prowl.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I actually still have some of the Bad Cop add-on kits left.

£20 shipped UK
    £24 shipped worldwide

PM me, thanks.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    God I just HATE how flat his face looks, it just looks too weird.

I think part of it comes from how big the face is.

6. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

As much as I like the kit, I hate it on the FE version.

Is the head compatible with the RID Deluxe Vehicon mold?

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This --^ The FE version was nowhere near as sleek, containing tons of back kibble. The RID version is just so much sexier.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if it is the problem you have then is the light bar as the PRID version has the seem running down the center of the car.

would kind of defeat the purpose as you would sacrifice the light bar.

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Actually, you might be able to wing it if you only glued the light bar onto one half of the roof and were careful when transforming.

Stickers would need tweaking, and the head pegs are different sizes, but it could be done.

10. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh. That' exactly what I plan to use the TFSS version as!

I think you'd be better off putting the light bar on a 5mm peg, then making a hole in the roof for it as opposed to gluing it since the roof gets folded up into the Vehicons legs. If you used the Takara mold it would be minor parts-forming to pop the light bar onto the back in robot mode and then into the roof hole in vehicle mode.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's much better. I forgot they folded into the legs, I just remembered the split.

If anyone is interested, we chose the FE over the PRID as we reasoned most people troop build with the PRID version and most people have one or none of the FE, and thus the Vehicon general can look slightly bigger and different to his troops :) 

12. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anybody got one of these for sale??????

13. Luscanun

Luscanun Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    CZ what does the kit include? £24 is about $38 USD... Does that include the FE bot? Otherwise, that seems pricey for a head, light bar and a half dozen stickers.

That said, this is freaking awesome and looks amazing. Really fits the Prime aesthetic.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:

Welcome to UK pricing I'm afraid. $38 does sound expensive. £20 in the UK for an imported deluxe is about average though. Sorry, but that's this country.

£20 for the kit (lightbar, head and sticker sheets), £4 is for shipping. The FE figure never came out in the UK, but we did provide a certain amount of stock for the show. All sold out though, just the add-on kit left.

15. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CZ Hazard, PM sent. What can I say, I'm a big fan of the Bad Cop.

16. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

Well, thank you. ^^

Shame there isn't a variant for the RID version, but I can make due. Maybe if I do manage to get my hands on the kit and only put it on the FE version, it'll grow on me, or maybe it won't and I'll get adventurous by finding a way to get it on the RID version. The difference in size and overall aesthetic may help me adjust to the FE version.

17. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That head sculpt is fantastic! Looks like the TFU one, but tweaked to be CHUG-friendly.

Interesting use of the FE Vehicon... the arms definitely give a similar vibe to the Movieverse rendition of Barricade... but I think for it to really shine it'd need a good deal of retooling. (Like say new chest and maybe the back kibble be detachable such that he can use as a riot shield.) Yes, I know this is a small kit designed to upgrade/repurpose an existing mold on the quick... but I'd looove to see a Radicon take this concept further.

Gotta say... they ought to consider seeing if it's OK to reissue/tweak this set to work with the BH Smokescreen mold. I'm sure folks would *love* to use it on that figure for a Universe/TFCC Barricade. (Though that too could use a new chest piece.)

18. Luscanun

Luscanun Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah it stinks prices can vary so much from country to country. This is a really great kit; I love the head design.

19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the gallery Simon! I have one of these coming to me when Erector makes his cross country trip :) 

20. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hey CZ, is the head painted? I'm pretty good at assembling parts and putting on stickers, but my painting skills range from "bad" to "dead duck".