9 toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ironhide2005, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
  2. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the figure of 9. While the sculpting and paintwork is superb, and overall it looks fantastic, I'm left wanting. The articulation is pretty poor, and what is there isn't very functional. For example, he's got ball jointed ankles. Why? He has no articulation from the neck down, none whatsover, so why ball jointed ankles? They are also very thin, and I've heard reports of them snapping. Cut joints would have been much better, but without any other articulation, why even bother with joints there at all?

Aside from the ankles, the only true articulation points are in the neck (ball) and wrists. The wrists are even thinner than the ankles, so be very careful when swapping hands.

The arms are bendy, and although it's better than a solid statue they still aren't very useful. They hold their poses well enough, but because the shoulders are so thick and non-articulated, they aren't good for much more than awkward-looking poses.

Again, the figure looks amazing, but that's about it. No substance. Just like the movie itself in that respect. :p  Anyway, if you aren't interested in posing or playing with them, they probably wont disappoint.

I'm hoping a company like Hot Toys will make a better figure with cloth, an inner skeleton, real zippers, etc. Something with some substance to go along with the look.