8GB Device Label Ravage KO virus questions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Slimshadow457, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm posting this in the 3rd party bin, but it's made by Seatech, and it's Transformers related and I just need an answer to a question :3

Ok, so I've been surfin' round the net some more and I stumbled upon a Ravage Flash Drive. It looked quite awesome, but out of my price range. Upon heading to amazon and checking on the latest transformers, I found the ravage once again, with '4GB' next to it. I remembered the old one only had 2GB, so I did a bit of research and found out that the 4GB one and the 8GB one are different from the 2GB Tak version(blue decepticon logo, longer body, white lower limbs). Now I've heard that some people have had viruses with it, so I'm just a bit worried.

Amazon.com: Transformer USB Flash Memory Drive 8GB: Electronics

If anyone owns, or knows someone who own this flash drive, could you please get back to me and tell me if you've experienced any trojans or other vicious entities? Thanks in advance!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've got a couple of the KO versions - never gotten a virus from one.

Sounds like nothing but paranoia to me, honestly. Do these people have proof that they got a virus from one?

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Got the KO 4gb. No virus issues whatsoever. I remember hearing that story some time back, but I also remember a lot of people who bought one like me that reported no issues. I can't say there's really much about it, but that's just my experience.

4. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

Just format it on a Mac when you get it and you'll be fine. Or turn off auto-run on your computer. Then format it.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just don't stick it in a computer. Just use it for display.

6. foxeh30

foxeh30 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Have got the 4GB version, no virus or suspect files. Clean formatted anyway just to be sure.

7. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    I got the KO 16GB Ravage for me and 8GB Cheetor for my daughter. Had no viruses or any other issues with either and we're quite happy with them!
    Later

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    If your Windows is up to date then the autorun was disabled in an update in 2009. Still if you don't know, the best thing would be to not use it. Assuming Macs are safe is also starting to become a dangerous proposition but there are other devices you could use to format it. For example, I have a photo frame and a camera that can format usb sticks.

9. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a mac, so I'll reformat. Thanks for all the help anyways :)  To those saying I should just display: I actually was looking to use it :/

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Surely a generic would be cheaper and not have these worries?

I've got an 8Gb and it's absolutely fine.....but then it was used once to transfer summat and lives the rest of the time in a detolf.

11. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I belive I might be able to help here.

If autorun is disabled on your host machine and you plug a divice in with an Autorun.inf file on it then some anti-viruses will detect the autorun.inf on the USB device as being work. The alert is triggered becuse of conflicting commands in the devices autorun.inf as it is trying to communicate with the computers autorun.inf which is disabled and thus unaccessible. so the Usb devices autorun.inf tries to force communication. It's at this stage where it is normally intercepted by anti-viruses due to 'suspisious behaviour.'

Alot of times it's actully a faulse positive but it's better to be safe than sorry.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There is a couple of threads on here with all the info you need use search and find them.